MozillaZine

Cannot Suppress Warn On Close

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
angbob

Post Posted February 7th, 2020, 10:53 am

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Firefox 72.0.2 64-bit

When I close more than one tab (or more than two or three - I don't count), the warning box about closing multiple tabs appears. I haven't found what to mouse-click to dismiss the box with no effect. What is the magic click that will keep Firefox from closing all but one of my tabs?

Setting browser.tabs.warnOnClose False and setting browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs False have no effect.

BobbyPhoenix

Post Posted February 7th, 2020, 4:33 pm

EDIT - Never mind. I misread your question. I don't have the answer.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

costark

Post Posted February 7th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Should be .............
browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab --- False ..... If I Clear last tab it Won't let FF Close and defaults to my FF Home (default) New tab setup in Home/Home/New Tabs, where I have 80 Top Sites as Default.
Last edited by costark on February 17th, 2020, 8:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Firefox 74.0 - Win 10-1909 Hm - Diapers, Politicians, and the Media ... ALL Need Changing for the Same Reason - uBO - Cookie AutoDelete - Privacy Possum- CSS Exfil - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere -

therube

Post Posted February 9th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Is you also set, browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs to 'false' ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

costark

Post Posted February 10th, 2020, 4:16 am

angbob wrote:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Firefox 72.0.2 64-bit
When I close more than one tab (or more than two or three - I don't count), the warning box about closing multiple tabs appears. I haven't found what to mouse-click to dismiss the box with no effect.
What is the magic click that will keep Firefox from closing all but one of my tabs?
Setting --- browser.tabs.warnOnClose False --- and setting --- browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs False --- have no effect.

therube wrote:Is you also set, browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs to 'false' ?

Both of my ... Warn on Close (Tabs & Other tabs) are True --- yet I don't get a Warning when using - Close Tabs to Right - OR Close FF entirely.
He started with Closing Multi-Tabs Warnings and ended with -- How to Keep One Tab Open --, which my first post does for me.
Firefox 74.0 - Win 10-1909 Hm - Diapers, Politicians, and the Media ... ALL Need Changing for the Same Reason - uBO - Cookie AutoDelete - Privacy Possum- CSS Exfil - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere -

Return to Firefox Support