MozillaZine

How Can I Get FF to Remember My Login Info?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zlaer

Post Posted February 7th, 2020, 9:15 pm

When I haven't visited a site in a month, I have to re-enter my username and password again. I have Cookie Auto Delete addon to help remember sites. But firefox forgets my login info after a month of inactivity. Is there an addon or fix for firefox to remember my login info permanently?

DanRaisch

Post Posted February 8th, 2020, 6:28 am

Cookies can also expire based on expiration dates set by the site. Have you reviewed that factor about the cookies?

costark

Post Posted February 8th, 2020, 9:16 am

For the Not-experts and a neat fact to learn..............

You can open the Storage Inspector via Toolbar Far Rt 3-bar "Open Menu"/ Web Developer/ Storage Inspector

The Toolbox will appear at the bottom of the browser window, with the Storage Inspector activated.
https://i.imgur.com/noVEJjZ.jpg
Firefox 80.0.1 - Win 10-1909 Pro - Diapers, Politicians, and the Media ... ALL Need Changing for the Same Reason - uBO - Cookie AutoDelete - Privacy Possum- LocalCDN - CSS Exfil - HTTPS Everywhere -

zlaer

Post Posted February 8th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Thanks guys for the input.

Thanks costark for that vital piece of info!!!!!

Tushman

Post Posted February 11th, 2020, 7:39 pm

zlaer wrote:Is there an addon or fix for firefox to remember my login info permanently?

You don't need an add-on for that. Firefox has a built in password manager so you don't have to remember it or deal with the hassle of expiring cookies.

Return to Firefox Support