The End

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
condorito

Re: The End

Post by condorito »

Hi, that's a bit sad.
So the maples formed a union, and demanded equal rights. The oaks are just too greedy, we will make them give us light.
Bennyd

Post by Bennyd »

I joined this forum in 2005. Part of the reason I wanted to use Firefox was this very forum. This forum exposes Firefox to lot of user examination and questioning from folks who are far more knowledgeable than me. I had confidence not in Mozilla, but in the users of this forum.

If Mozilla has any thoughtful leadership, they'll support this forum as needed and continue to allow the praise, carping, and suspicion of Mozilla that is expressed in this venue. Mozilla needs this forum as it now functions to help casual users trust their products.
earther

Post by earther »

Unfortunately, Mozilla has moved in a direction that basically killed the purpose and spirit of this forum.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

That the purpose and spirit of this board might be dead is surely a misstatement. There is an excellent core group that serves this board well.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

earther wrote:Unfortunately, Mozilla has moved in a direction that basically killed the purpose and spirit of this forum.
I guess that is pretty accurate. The original intent was to have an open software, which was community driven and supported. It has become sort of a secret society of people who foist upon "testers" whatever they want, and don't listen much to feedback, except when it helps them.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Everyone here should know that this is a user to user forum. Any involvement by Mozilla is serendipitous. Every now and then one of the Mozilla developers will chime in. Dao comes to mind. To expect Mozilla to actively participate in this forum is wishful thinking.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

3 months later - is there a fixed date to go static?
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

Brummelchen wrote:3 months later - is there a fixed date to go static?
if there is, we surely dont know it.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

well, i used to be one of members in some places waiting until the end. i dont think i will wait here same long. if we dont meet again, have some nice holidays.
KaosAD

Post by KaosAD »

How am I only seeing this now? @kerz, best wishes, I fully understand the decision. I have watched this place slow to a crawl, I think the death blow was Mozilla killing off real theming and them alienating the addon developers. I think reddit is a fine alternative for what few of us are left and archiving this place will be a great resource for the next few years.

I only have 31 post in almost 17 years, lmao, I was here almost daily for many of those years. So for what it's worth, I and many others appreciate all the work you and the mods have done and all the crap you guys have had to put up with. I know first hand the tedious and tiresome job it is to maintain a community this size. So go have fun, take a breath of fresh air and move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and maybe we'll even see you pop in on reddit.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

The forum is NOT dead yet.

We all may receive a very joyous Christmas present.

Here's hoping.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

LIMPET235 wrote:The forum is NOT dead yet. We all may receive a very joyous Christmas present.
Here's hoping.
Hear! Hear!

Maintaining a trust in Jason, I have not let my "hope" fritter away.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
tomsmit

Post by tomsmit »

What is "the site"? Mozillazine?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

tomsmit...
Please ref; this link...
> http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
fergarc

Post by fergarc »

thank you for all years.