Flash+Firefox with 10 tabs of cam-streams and my computer

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
therube

Re: Flash+Firefox with 10 tabs of cam-streams and my compute

Post by therube »

is it really normal that the Firefox process starts with 3 splitted sepparate Firefox.exe processes
fluctuating between 199 mb to 250 mb from start, and gradually the processes multiply to 5-6 Firefox.exe and the process gets close to 450 mb each and
perforamance gets sluggier and im being forced to clear ram (pref by restarting Firefox) or a ram-clean tool (as i told you i got 8 gb physical ram, 16 total)
Quantum is multi-process, so that part is expected.
200 on startup, very likely.
Increases as time goes on, ditto.

How the browser is actually reacting, that's going to be more dependent on the sites you're visiting & how they are (negatively) affecting your browser (rather then having some direct correlation to "high memory usage").

Clearing RAM, I mention here, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14866167.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

mightyglydd wrote:
Bryskens wrote:i realize now i must reinstall windows 7,
Who suggested doing that!? ](*,)
Im suggesting it based on various other errors in this windows installation, its maybe 8 years old this installation.
But i wanna save time before i gonna reinstall.
mightyglydd wrote: How to solve your 'problems'.

!: Read
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_(Firefox)

2: Safe Mode
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tr ... -safe-mode

If that doesn't work.

3: New test Profile.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles

Add NOTHING.
Ok i have read some of it, i need a read break and continue after you answer this

I accually have created a test profile before you said it, and i there noticed directley that it became as RAM sluggish,
and it increases if i increase my open pages, so it act pretty logic,

Do you think that this standard troubleshooting meassures can really work on an issue that consumes RAM,
Firefox was up in 1 gb ram usage yesterday, until i cleared it before it could auto clear anyway.
therube wrote: How the browser is actually reacting, that's going to be more dependent on the sites you're visiting & how they are (negatively) affecting your browser (rather then having some direct correlation to "high memory usage").
Clearing RAM, I mention here, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14866167.
Okay thanks, and thats why i now return to the topic question.
What sites am i visiting?`, alot of steaming sites and to handle it we have tested to uninstall macromedia flash, and i experience no improvments.

I use this little ram tool from "Advanced system care" when it become to sluggish. But im not satisified with that as a solution really.
Its not allways you are fast enough to perform it, and the entire computer will freeze before, and thats Chromes fault when being affected by Firefox
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Obviously you know best, have fun..... [-(
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

mightyglydd wrote:Obviously you know best, have fun..... [-(
No sorry, it was ment to be a question but i forgott the "?" in this sentence

"Do you think (?) that this standard troubleshooting meassures can really work on an issue that consumes RAM,
Firefox was up in 1 gb ram usage yesterday, until i cleared it before it could auto clear anyway."

So i wasnt being smart with you. Im asking since i have done step 3 already, that i think is as deafult as you can come
so i wonder if you got anything more i could test after that
therube

Post by therube »

Browsers use memory.
Because you close a page you may expect FF to release the memory used by that page.
FF may think otherwise.
That could be a design decision (perhaps so you can reopen a recently closed window/tab), or who knows what.
Or it be a bug. Or an extension, or who knows what?

1 GB of RAM is not necessarily "a lot".
I'm using 1 GB of RAM (SeaMonkey is using 1 GB of RAM), at the moment, on an XP computer with only 2 GB of physical RAM. (SeaMonkey is not the only application I have open. SeaMonkey is never the only application I have open.)

I've got TeamViewer eating 300 MB. (Eating, because it's not something I use.)
Plus everything else I use.
And I run, very acceptably (given the systems stats [lack of] & age [advanced] ;-)).

(I don't believe in "cleaners", "RAM cleaners".)
(As it is, you're still on Win7, which I'd consider a good thing - compared to Win10, where you would need a "cleaner" to get rid of all the crap that MS has running in 10, that you, that most, have no clue about, much less have any need for.)

1. is not for every day running. it is for diagnosing.
3. can be an alternative to, or a supplement to 1. Though if you're not seeing improvement with 3, most times the same will hold with 1 (with the exception that 1. does turn off somethings, like hardware acceleration, that 3. does not).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

You do NOT need a cleaner for Win Ten stop talking about things you know very little about your ignorance is showing
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

therube wrote:Browsers use memory.
Because you close a page you may expect FF to release the memory used by that page.
FF may think otherwise.
That could be a design decision (perhaps so you can reopen a recently closed window/tab), or who knows what.
Or it be a bug. Or an extension, or who knows what?

1 GB of RAM is not necessarily "a lot".
I'm using 1 GB of RAM (SeaMonkey is using 1 GB of RAM), at the moment, on an XP computer with only 2 GB of physical RAM. (SeaMonkey is not the only application I have open. SeaMonkey is never the only application I have open.)

I've got TeamViewer eating 300 MB. (Eating, because it's not something I use.)
Plus everything else I use.
And I run, very acceptably (given the systems stats [lack of] & age [advanced] ;-)).

(I don't believe in "cleaners", "RAM cleaners".)
(As it is, you're still on Win7, which I'd consider a good thing - compared to Win10, where you would need a "cleaner" to get rid of all the crap that MS has running in 10, that you, that most, have no clue about, much less have any need for.)

1. is not for every day running. it is for diagnosing.
3. can be an alternative to, or a supplement to 1. Though if you're not seeing improvement with 3, most times the same will hold with 1 (with the exception that 1. does turn off somethings, like hardware acceleration, that 3. does not).
I have tested to disable hadware acceleration, it made no difference

That basic troubleshooting guide@ (1) cant help me more, i have never added any other than deafult theme, and i only have addons that i absolutley need, there is nothing that can be changed there.

And i have a new FX pofile with 26 ope widows

Well i have aot of other processes going on overall on this computer at the same time, but i cant accept to close them down. so Firefox must adapt
Last edited by Bryskens on June 15th, 2020, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Time to..... :locked:
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

mightyglydd wrote:Time to..... :locked:
So its not enough that you have bailed from the conversation, you feel even better if its gonna close also

Im pretty sure that there are things to test, thats related to FF alone, if i get no more answers im gonna let it die rather, no need to lock
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Every post..
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.97 Safari/537.36
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

have addons that i absolutley need, there is nothing that can be changed there.
The fact that you think you need them doesn't mean that they are not causing problems in your profile. You say you created a test profile. Did you do the testing in that profile with zero extensions added after creating it?
Well i have aot of other processes going on overall on this computer at the same time, but i cant accept to close them down. so Firefox must adapt
Not sure how that attitude is supposed to be helpful. It's not like Firefox is an application that you paid to have custom written for you. Especially when most users are apparently not seeing the type of issue discussed here.
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

DanRaisch wrote:
have addons that i absolutley need, there is nothing that can be changed there.
The fact that you think you need them doesn't mean that they are not causing problems in your profile. You say you created a test profile. Did you do the testing in that profile with zero extensions added after creating it?
I think so yes
DanRaisch wrote:
Not sure how that attitude is supposed to be helpful. It's not like Firefox is an application that you paid to have custom written for you. Especially when most users are apparently not seeing the type of issue discussed here.
No but i gotta find work around based on my prerequisites that are static, for axample i need to have both Firefox and Chrome open at the same time, or else i cant work

Most users use Win 10 thats probably why they dont see this problem, and i will never get Win 10. Once again...i may need to reinstall win 7 cause of to many system errors

We also have thus mnessage "one webpage makes your browser slower than usual, do you want to close it down" etc
But its not about a indivudual page as it claims, it just reacts on the current random page im trying to re-view

Its just Firefox thats needs to be closed, memory dumped and restart refereshed
MiltonBradley

Post by MiltonBradley »

therube wrote:Browsers use memory.
FF may think otherwise.

is this true?
if I close a tab, firefox keeps the memory the tab was using??????
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

The rube has a very skewed and ill informed view of things
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

malliz wrote:The rube has a very skewed and ill informed view of things
What a nessesary bump...you are a big disapointment

For your information the situation have improved with Opera instead of Firefox