MozillaZine

Firefox 76 & Facebook problem...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Rekrul

Post Posted June 4th, 2020, 10:27 am

I'm trying to help someone solve a problem with Firefox, I have to do this remotely as they live in Canada and I'm in the U.S.

When they try to go to the facebook page that they set up for their business with Firefox 76, it gives them a "page isn't redirecting properly error".

I had them delete cookies and data, and clear the cache, but that didn't help. I then had them create a new, blank profile, but that didn't work either.

Internet Explorer (not sure what version, but it's on Windows 7) was able to access the same Facebook page just fine.

I'm at a loss for what else could be causing this in Firefox, other than the program itself. As I'm sure you'll notice, I'm using an ancient version of Firefox, and can't even run the most recent versions due to having an old system with an old version of Windows, so I can't test this myself.

What else can they try if using a new, blank profile didn't make any difference?

pcdoctor01

Post Posted June 4th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Try the ESR version of Firefox and/or try another Windows login on the Windows 7 machine and see if you get the same error.

Firefox ESR
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/a ... esktop-esr

Return to Firefox Support