MozillaZine

file of accepted preferences

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ineuw

Post Posted June 26th, 2020, 4:15 pm

Is there a file of of active references of a session? I am not referring prefs.js, user.js, or the list of modified references on the troubleshooting page. Or, if there isn't such a file, how can I print out a complete list and their values of about:config?
Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, with the latest FF releases (73.0.1 en-US on 2020-02-27).

Grumpus

Post Posted June 27th, 2020, 6:51 am

Recent versions of about:config have allowed a complete copy of names and values.
Using select all or hold left click moving your cursor down for whatever section, group or entirely, right click and copy.
This is useful for comparisons between systems using the same version of Firefox.
Cashless society sacrifices independence, privacy and lastly liberty, encouraged by ignorance and villainy.
Formula: reduction in privacy equals reduction in freedom

morat

Post Posted June 27th, 2020, 9:32 am

You can save the list as prefs.htm using the web console and a text editor.

i.e. right click <html> tag, copy outer html, open text editor, paste, save as prefs.htm

You can color the user set prefs by adding an inline style.

Code: Select all
- <meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="default-src chrome:; object-src 'none'">
+ <style type="text/css">tr.has-user-value { color: red; }</style>

ineuw

Post Posted June 27th, 2020, 5:46 pm

Thank you both. Copied and pasted them directly into a text file. I also found a method to clean up my user.js file and remove the non-applicable preferences. They were lockPrefs and questions about which I will post separately.
Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, with the latest FF releases (73.0.1 en-US on 2020-02-27).

Return to Firefox Support