MP4 file will not play

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Frank Lion

Re: MP4 file will not play

Post by Frank Lion »

pepegot1 wrote:It does exactly what I want it to do..
It doesn't matter what you want.

James had little choice but to correct the false information you were putting out on a public forum.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

What false in formation? I tell it like it is. Please explain yourself! This solves a problem with FF when you cannot get it to respond in certain situations. What is truth? I used it for this reply. I have no idea of what you are talking about.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

pepegot1 wrote:What false in formation? I tell it like it is. Please explain yourself! This solves a problem with FF when you cannot get it to respond in certain situations. What is truth? I used it for this reply. I have no idea of what you are talking about.
Duh...
James wrote:
pepegot1 wrote:I found an addon that changes FF to Edge. It is similar to the old Firefox to IE addon of pre-Australis days.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e-browser/
That solves the problem for all FF anomalies.
That just opens the link in the Edge web browser as it does not change Fx into Edge. If an Microsoft Edge instance is already opened, then link is opened in a new browser tab (in Edge), however, if Microsoft Edge is not opened, a new Microsoft Edge window is opened.
Last edited by Frank Lion on July 27th, 2020, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Yep, just use Edge or another browser.
FWIW.
Do I remember a similar Extension that did the same for sites that 'would only work with IE6/11' ?
Never came across a single site. nor would I have used that extension if I had.
IMO on Win10 the last thing anyone wants is a 'connection' with the heavily promoted and increasingly embedded Edge and Fx.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

This FX business? is not what I said. You just get the Edge page and after you use it you return to FF. It is useful in certain situations-period! When FF locks up what do you do? You use another browser Edge which works the situation more often then not-case closed! It is a rare experience, but it does occur. I much prefer FF and that is why I have it. Others may feel the same way. So what's your beef?
James

Post by James »

For the few times the average person would need to they can just copy and paste the link into Edge as one of the ways to play the file if they must.
pepegot1 wrote:This FX business? is not what I said.
Fx is actually the official abbreviation for Firefox since the browser got its third name as of 0.8 Release (was Phoenix and Firebird before) and not the FF many newer users think it is. Mozilla made it more official as of the later 1.0 Release.
How do I spell Firefox? How do I abbreviate it?

Firefox is spelled F-i-r-e-f-o-x - only the first letter capitalized (i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

<For the few times the average person would need to they can just copy and paste the link into Edge as one of the ways to play the file if they must.
That is so, but I am too lazy, especially if working on something sensitive. I never said it changed FX to Edge, nor would I want it to, an erroneous assumption.
To each his own. This should end the post.