MozillaZine

Google Translator for Firefox: How to block the ad?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kls490

Post Posted August 6th, 2020, 2:42 am

Good morning everyone,

My question is regarding the Google Translator for Firefox extension pop-up advertisement.

The pop-up ad for this extension continues to ALWAYS be displayed in a new window every time I open Firefox, necessitating having to click on the "X" mark on the window to get rid of it before I can do anything else. This has become very annoying.

My issue: How do I stop this ad from continuing to be displayed every single time I open Firefox?

Thanks in advance for any help! ](*,)
Specs: Dell Inspiron Desktop | Win 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 | 6 GB RAM | 3.06 gHz CPU | 1 TB WD HDD | MSE | MBAM Premium (lifetime license) | FF w/ NoScript | uBlock Origin | SAS (on-demand)

dickvl

Post Posted August 6th, 2020, 9:29 am

Try to uninstall this extension as there have been more reports about issues with this extension.

If you really need to use this extension then you can reinstall the extension to see if this still happens.

jscher2000

Post Posted August 6th, 2020, 9:42 am

See whether this one satisfies your needs -- it is part of the Recommended program which offers higher security and privacy assurances:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/to-google-translate/

kls490

Post Posted August 6th, 2020, 10:02 am

dickvl wrote:Try to uninstall this extension as there have been more reports about issues with this extension.

If you really need to use this extension then you can reinstall the extension to see if this still happens.

Thanks very much for the info,dickvl. Strangely, I don't recall having installed this particular Extension, but it was there in my Extension list when I checked, so I removed it, and the problem with the advertisement pop-up has now been resolved.

My thanks also to everyone else who replied to my OP! :mrgreen:
Specs: Dell Inspiron Desktop | Win 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 | 6 GB RAM | 3.06 gHz CPU | 1 TB WD HDD | MSE | MBAM Premium (lifetime license) | FF w/ NoScript | uBlock Origin | SAS (on-demand)

Return to Firefox Support