Firefox V 79 breaks Intel/McAfee True Key Password Manager

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
brenkworth

Firefox V 79 breaks Intel/McAfee True Key Password Manager

Post by brenkworth »

I use McAfee True Key password manager. It worked great until Firefox updated to version 79.0. Now the only browsers True Key will work in are Edge or Chrome, both of which I cannot stand. I want to use Firefox, but I also want to continue to use True Key.

Is there no way Mozilla can work with McAfee to get this problem resolved? on one of the forums I have been browsing it said that Firefox eliminated a parameter that True Key called - can this be fixed? I don't want to deal with the finger pointing between the two companies.

I would appreciate any assistance. This has been going on for over a week now and it is causing me alot of overhead.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox V 79 breaks Intel/McAfee True Key Password Manag

Post by DanRaisch »

In case it's not clear, we are not Mozilla. See the disclaimer in the right hand column of this page.
On what forum did you see that statement about an eliminated parameter?
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Firefox V 79 breaks Intel/McAfee True Key Password Manag

Post by malliz »

McAfee does have a track record of being behind the curve
Edit: Cannot find any bugs filed on this in Bugzilla plus I have read that this is no longer an automatic install in Firefox (McAfee choice)
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"