Is it Still The Best Firefox Backup?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
niteghost

Is it Still The Best Firefox Backup?

Post by niteghost »

Making a copy of Mozilla folder from the folder >> %APPDATA% still the best option to Backup Firefox?

>> Reason I ask is because I ran into some problems , restoring Firefox on windows 10 and the latestt
version of FF 79.0 [ 64 bit]

Running Windows 10 Pro ( 64 bit), FF [ 79.0 ] - 64 bit

Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: Is it Still The Best Firefox Backup?

Post by DanRaisch »

What sort of problems? That might help us to determine what was going wrong.
Tushman

Post by Tushman »

What are you trying to backup...your profile? I tend to do manual backups like yourself by navigating to the user profile folder and selecting only the items I need such as passwords and bookmarks.

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pyj4wg3f

However, not everything inside that directory needs to be backed up. Specifically speaking, folders like "Crashes", "Data Reporting" & "Minidumps" can be excluded as long as you're not trying to troubleshoot something with your browser.

There is also an open-source application called MozBackup that I've heard some Firefox users report success with. I personally have not tried it, but you could check that out as well.
restoring Firefox on windows 10 and the latestt version of FF 79.0 [ 64 bit]
The latest version of Firefox is currently at v80.
costark

Post by costark »

Tushman wrote: There is also an open-source application called MozBackup that I've heard some Firefox users report success with. I personally have not tried it, but you could check that out as well.
https://www.hekasoft.com/hekasoft-backup-restore/

Mozbackup + FF Quantum = 0; Hekasoft is a great backup / easily restore app that works in Quantum.
I DO periodically copy-paste the continually updated Profile - and profile.ini (very rarely changes)- members to several internal/external backup drives.
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -