MozillaZine

Syncing with Android phone

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
petergo

Post Posted September 12th, 2020, 12:47 pm

hi

I am using FF ver 80.0.1 (64bit ) Win 10 pro on desktop and a Samsung A10 Android phone ( updated)

I have googled, and done everything I believe correctly so that my desktop and phone are syncing, but when I open FF on the phone, I do not see a browser page that looks anything like the one on my desktop computer.

Example, no toolbars, no menu bar, nothing just a blank page

I tapped the three vertical dots, bottom right hand corner at bottom of screen, but dont see anything there helpful.

Should I see on the phone, a similar browser window as on my desktop computer?

kindest thanks
cheers
peter

BobbyPhoenix

Post Posted September 12th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Assuming you have sync enabled on both desktop and mobile when you sync your Firefox account between the desktop and mobile you are syncing these settings: Bookmarks, History, Logins, and Open tabs (you can sync less if you want by only checking the boxes you see fit). On mobile click the three dots as you did, then settings, then at the top should be your synced account. If you click on that you will see what options you can sync. Other than those the mobile look will not mimic the desktop. There is a vast difference between the two, and they cannot look like each other by default of the developer's choice.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

petergo

Post Posted September 12th, 2020, 2:32 pm

g'day Bobby

Thank you, and how disappointing.

So, all is as you say and suggest, but simply, it does not look like FF browser.

I am wondering what is the point of syncing, as I cant see any of my bookmarks, history etc toolbars etc

thanks m8
stay safe, and keep well
cheers
peter

BobbyPhoenix

Post Posted September 12th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Make sure your desktop version is syncing correctly (under sync in the options). On mobile when you click the three dots you should see "Synced tabs, Bookmarks, History, etc". That's where you'll find the info that is synced from the desktop version.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

petergo

Post Posted September 18th, 2020, 12:35 am

hi Bobby

thank you for your help

Very disappointed FF on smartphone, nothing like FF on my desktop

c'est la vie

best wishes
peter

Return to Firefox Support