Anyone Fixed ff v80 with Addons Crashing?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zlaer

Re: Anyone Fixed ff v80 with Addons Crashing?

Post by zlaer »

DanRaisch wrote:
All my addons are crashing
So you and, what?, two or three other posters in that old thread are seeing problems with extensions that are not compatible with version 80 of Firefox. That's hardly all extensions and certainly not widespread reporting of anything similar. Time to accept it's not the browser but the extensions that are at fault.
If multiple people are complaining of the same issue there are definitely more experiencing it. You said 'so what?' Are you saying youre ok people have these issues? Thats strange coming from a someone whose job it is to help people with ff.

Your tone is rather angry and targeted to me. If you have a problem with me personally let me know what it is since you sound very irritated.

Btw frank lion and others are violating the rules by continued harassment. But youre singling me out yet again. If you pmed him on it and hes still trolling I dont think abother pm will work. I think something stronger than a pm would work. Btw hes making fun of you by not obeying your warnings which make people reading this lose respect for you as a mod charged with authority to moderate properly.
Nosromo

Post by Nosromo »

Seeing as the devs have tried and failed to reproduce the bug and you have supplied zero information other than " it crashes " my guess is they will not bother to put a hell of a lot of time in a possibly non existing bug. Ease up on Dan you are lucky he's so patient I would have shut you down long ago
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If multiple people are complaining of the same issue there are definitely more experiencing it.
No one is denying that you experienced issues. We are denying your interpretation of cause and effect. The cause is issues with extensions, not a problem with Firefox. If it was with the browser the majority of users would experience the same problems and there would be numerous reports on the board, not the very small number showing up in the previous thread.
Thats strange coming from a someone whose job it is to help people with ff.
It's not my job. Every moderator on this board is a volunteer. Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and advocacy site. MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project.
Your tone is rather angry and targeted to me. If you have a problem with me personally let me know what it is since you sound very irritated.
Nothing against you personally and if you believe it's targeted at you, consider that you are the only one taking your position in this thread. If I sound irritated it's because you seem to be unwilling to accept what I and others posting in these threads see as reality. This discussion has gone on for too long with no discernible progress. It may be getting to be time to lock this one too.
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

Nosromo wrote:Seeing as the devs have tried and failed to reproduce the bug and you have supplied zero information other than " it crashes " my guess is they will not bother to put a hell of a lot of time in a possibly non existing bug. Ease up on Dan you are lucky he's so patient I would have shut you down long ago
Thats weird since the report shows people complaining about it. The case should be analyzed. Trying to get a pat on the head from a mod makes you look try-hard and if I were a mod I wouldve banned you for playing that game years ago.
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

DanRaisch wrote:
No one is denying that you experienced issues. We are denying your interpretation of cause and effect. The cause is issues with extensions, not a problem with Firefox. If it was with the browser the majority of users would experience the same problems and there would be numerous reports on the board, not the very small number showing up in the previous thread.
That doesnt make sense since all my addons crash while others report multiple addons that they know of crash also, if not all. It therefore goes without saying that its definitely a ff issue not an addon one. As I've explained before, there are hundreds of thousands of people who use firefox. As such I'm sure we're not the only ones noticing crashes.
It's not my job. Every moderator on this board is a volunteer. Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and advocacy site. MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project.
I'm confused. I have read literally hundreds of your comments over many years providing help with solutions to people's problems here. So it is your job to help them as you've helped me in the past with issues relating to both tb and ff which I can post. Thats a head scratcher. But thats fine, just my observation.

Nothing against you personally and if you believe it's targeted at you, consider that you are the only one taking your position in this thread. If I sound irritated it's because you seem to be unwilling to accept what I and others posting in these threads see as reality. This discussion has gone on for too long with no discernible progress. It may be getting to be time to lock this one too.
Actually I'm taking 2 positions: of someone asking for help for his browser and of someone who created a thread helping others with it, which I also invested my own time and energy into in creating a bug report on another site for everyone's benefit which I never seen anyone else do nor received any thanks for. Truth is youre irritated because I pmed you proof about ff which conflicts with your reality.

I feel when you help others they just spit on you. I'll just keep to myself from now on and let people suffer. Next time I see an old lady get robbed I'll keep walking. Serves her right. From now on I'll be a taker not a giver of help and wont help anyone anymore here. THATS the position you put me in.

Maybe with this negativity the thread wont be locked down as is the case when I help people. Guess when youre negative and stop caring about others, threads dont get locked down and life treats you better. Learned my lesson.. satan is right.. god is wrong.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No negativity here. But the thread is still locked as your aim seems to be debate rather than anything else. Have a good day.