How to get rid of wrong/unwanted password entries

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Krueger_Industrial

How to get rid of wrong/unwanted password entries

Post by Krueger_Industrial »

When I go to a website needing a username/password, and I have multiple accounts, Firefox will drop down a list of all the names I have saved for that website. For example:

The problem is, some of the things on that list don't belong there. They aren't used for that website.

In this example, there should only be 3 names. When I go to Tools -> Options -> Logins and Passwords there are only 3 usernames/passwords listed for that website, which is exactly how it should be. But, as you can see from the screen shot, there are 6. (Yesterday there were only 5, today there are 6. WTF?).

Where are the extra ones coming from and how do I get rid of them? I'm guessing that there's corruption in the password database? Is this fixable without wiping everything and stating over?
LIMPET235

Re: How to get rid of wrong/unwanted password entries

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Have you tried highlighting the errant entries & hitting the DELETE key on the key board?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Only suggestions that have a key symbol in front are coming from the Password Manager.
Entries without the key symbol are saved form data.
You can use the cursor Down key to select an entry and press Shift+Delete to remove this entry.
Tushman

Post by Tushman »

Hi, try the instructions I've outlined here.

https://postimg.cc/H8GZqxqR