Address bar too high or ...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Hans L

Address bar too high or ...

Post by Hans L »

FF 81.0 64-bit.

From time to time (no idea why), the height of the address bar increases slightly, or an additional, slightly higher, address bar is overlapping the regular address bar. Completely idiotic, if you ask me, and it encroaches on adjacent tool bars.

Any idea why, and how to get rid of the nuisance?

Thanks,

Hans L
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Address bar too high or ...

Post by malliz »

Do you have any Addons installed?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Hans L wrote:FF 81.0 64-bit.

From time to time (no idea why), the height of the address bar increases slightly, or an additional, slightly higher, address bar is overlapping the regular address bar. Completely idiotic, if you ask me, and it encroaches on adjacent tool bars.

Any idea why, and how to get rid of the nuisance?

Thanks,

Hans L
That 'feature' is the new so-called Mega-bar. The only thing I found on a search is to use a userChrome code. The initial pref's to 'turn it off'', used mostly for testing have been removed. I don't do userChrome hacks.. so I can't help you, but if you Google around 'turn off megabar', you will some code that's been posted to turn this off.

The bar only enlarges on 'focus' or opening a new tab.
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

malliz wrote:Do you have any Addons installed?
Does not seem to be the problem. Thanks anyway.

Hans L
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

TheVisitor wrote:
That 'feature' is the new so-called Mega-bar. The only thing I found on a search is to use a userChrome code. The initial pref's to 'turn it off'', used mostly for testing have been removed. I don't do userChrome hacks.. so I can't help you, but if you Google around 'turn off megabar', you will some code that's been posted to turn this off.

The bar only enlarges on 'focus' or opening a new tab.
Googled and found solution. Thank you!

Hans L
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can possibly create a new Number pref on the about:config page named ui.prefersReducedMotion and set its value to 1 to disable some animations including the location bar breakout.
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

dickvl wrote:You can possibly create a new Number pref on the about:config page named ui.prefersReducedMotion and set its value to 1 to disable some animations including the location bar breakout.
Yes, I may try that too, since I now see a thick blue line at the bottom of the address bart occasionally (I think the Mozilla people are trying to lose their 'customers').

Hans L
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you previously try code in userChrome.css (what code) ?
Hans L

Post by Hans L »

dickvl wrote:Did you previously try code in userChrome.css (what code) ?
I did, but I do not remember what I did (forgot to document where I looked). I know the date I did it , but FF History does not show dates, so I can't find it.

Sorry,

Hans L