ytr.email

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
John Liebson

ytr.email

Post by John Liebson »

Malwarebytes blocks this from time, stating that it is found in Firefox.exe. I did try putting that into a Google search, which Malwarebytes promptly blocked as a malicious web site. A search of my computer returned the same site a few days ago, now it does not. Other than that, I've not found any meaningful information as to what this is. A search of the Fx program files turns up no such entry.

How do I get rid of it, assuming that it is still there, such as removing Firefox, and perhaps its folder, then reinstalling Fx?

===
Later, it occurred to me that I had not searched the Malwarebytes forum for ytr.email and *,email; I did that, and got zero responses.
BobbyPhoenix

Re: ytr.email

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

I don't know anything about it, but I found this: https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/292038/0/html
Do, or do not. There is no try.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

BobbyPhoenix wrote:I don't know anything about it, but I found this: https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/292038/0/html
Been there, seen there, ignored there. Seriously, I had found the site, and as soon as it appeared on my monitor, I immediately became suspicious, as it seems to claim that I am using Internet Explorer, which is not so, as IE has been disabled for a very long time. As I scrolled down through the supposed report, I found it be more and more confusing, showing supposed information about ytr.email that has no connection whatsoever with my computer and which I could not understand.

Thanks for trying, always appreciated, helpful or otherwise, on the grounds that someone went to the trouble to at least attempt to assist.

I've never been sure, however, of the time when a person whose life we saved threatened to sue me because I was the fire chief of the fire department that did just that!
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

After not having seen ytr.email intercepted by Malwarebytes for several days, and having not found it through a computer search either, I thought that whatever it is had gone away on its own. A few minutes ago, Malwarebytes again intercepted it, but this time in Tb, not in Fx. Another search did not turn up any results.

Quite strange.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi John,
You said that you'd checked at the Malwarebytes forum but nothing relevant was found...
But did you pose a question about it?
Maybe just a "False Positive" & "they" can fix it up.
I haven't found anything related either, other than what Bobby posted.
Lots of other stuff that wasn't really relevant.

Just an idea here.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi John,
You said that you'd checked at the Malwarebytes forum but nothing relevant was found...
But did you pose a question about it?
Maybe just a "False Positive" & "they" can fix it up.
I haven't found anything related either, other than what Bobby posted.
Lots of other stuff that wasn't really relevant.

Just an idea here.
I've not yet done anything further with Malwarebytes, much preferring to spend entirely too much time on the phone with Dell Tech Support trying to find out why my expensive computer that has been in use only since 01May2020 keeps losing track of its boot drive; for example, 20 & 21 October, 2020, and 31 October and 1 November2020. Long session today, tech seemed to be really trying hard to fix this, but so did the tech on the first call.

Enough changes today that for example, I had to again download and run the Western Digital software for my external drives; for reasons quite unknown to me, doing some unknown things causes the software to lose track of the drives, so that they don't unlock after reboots, and the only way that I know of to fix this is to download and run the installers, which first uninstall, and then instead offering to install, quit. You have to figure out that you need to run the installer again.

Back to Malwarebytes: A few months ago, I had a fairly lengthy exchange on the forum for a problem that I have now forgotten; this eventuated in the thread being moved to the false positive forum; perhaps a month later, there were no replies there, and I've stopped even looking, as I've not encountered whatever it was that caused me to start the discussion. Now that I have found that there actually is a web site for ytr, which is blocked, so with that information, I shall eventually post a question about this to see if anyone has any ideas, or should this be sent to false positives or wherever.