Tools >Privacy & Security> Manage Exceptions Does Not Work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wingspar

Tools >Privacy & Security> Manage Exceptions Does Not Work

Post by wingspar »

Firefox, current version 82.0.0 (64-bit) Win7.

If I go to Tools >Privacy & Security> Manage Exceptions and input a web site I do not want to store cookies on my computer and “Save Changes”, it looks fine. However, the next time I look in there, everything I input is gone and those sites still put cookies on my computer. This has been happening for a very long time (months if not years). Why is this happening?
Gary
Will Fly for Food
Grumpus

Re: Tools >Privacy & Security> Manage Exceptions Does Not Wo

Post by Grumpus »

Look at your history settings and see if you are dumping the information.
Alternately you could block the url using one of the ad blocking extensions.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I assume we're talking about a web site you visit rather than third party cookies.

I stopped using manage exceptions a long time ago and use the cookies auto-delete add-on to manage what cookies should be kept instead. I find it easier to use and it doesn't care that I have both history and file caching disabled. Configure Firefox not to save any cookies, install the add-on and when you visit a web site just left click on the icon it adds to specify if you want to white list or grey list cookies for that web site. The settings are sticky. It also lets you clean local storage for the domain etc.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Make sure that you not remove the Site Preferences, possibly via "Clear history when Firefox closes", as that removes all exceptions.