Numerous problems with the bookmarks menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Adolf Stalin

Numerous problems with the bookmarks menu

Post by Adolf Stalin »

I want new bookmarks to be added at the bottom of the bookmark menu by default. Not in "other bookmarks" and sure as hell not at the top of the menu (which is what's happening now, for some reason). FF just keeps breaking everything. I had to install Default Bookmark Folder addon to make the menu the default location and the option "add new bookmarks to the top of the selected folder" is off.

Also, sometimes I can't drag and drop bookmarks in the menu to rearrange them. They either refuse to be "grabbed" by the mouse or they appear in a different place after being dropped. I'm not sure, but I think it happens for a while after creating a new bookmark folder. I even made a thread about this issue 2 years ago: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3043862

I MIGHT have changed something in about:config, but I can't remember what it was, if that's the case.

I use Firefox 84.0.2 on Windows 10.
dickvl

Re: Numerous problems with the bookmarks menu

Post by dickvl »

Does this still happen with Default Bookmark Folder disabled in case this issue is caused by this add-on?
costark

Post by costark »

Not sure you've Tweaked the OPTIONS part......
Can you confirm your Settings in Options -- The FIRST Group to choose from =
(1) Select Where New Bookmarks will be added = drop-dn menu; No Folder Selected defaults to FF's Default, which in 85 may be Last Folder used = Another Tweak - AND -
(2) On/Off "Add New Bookmarks to TOP of Folder ......

I chose No Folder Selected AND Top of Folder --- and when I Drag an entry to the middle of a Folder it FIRST GOES to the Top; A 2nd Drag to middle and it stays = Quirk ?

In 85 Clk the Address Bar STAR and it Defaults to OTHER Bookmarks IF something is not chosen; I'm lost on this part. I just prefer Drag and Drop to Desired spot - VS - Address Bar Star.
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
Adolf Stalin

Post by Adolf Stalin »

dickvl wrote:Does this still happen with Default Bookmark Folder disabled in case this issue is caused by this add-on?
I just updated Default Bookmark Folder to 3.1.0 and new bookmarks are now correctly being added to the bottom of the menu. The other problem seems to be gone as well. Hopefully for good.