(Firefox 87) History button, no sidebar - intentional?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Cyberman

(Firefox 87) History button, no sidebar - intentional?

Post by Cyberman »

(Not necessarily an issue, more an observation with a slight dislike.)

Since the last update the history (Chronik, in german) button doesn't have an entry that shows the sidebar anymore. Apparently in its place is now "clear recent history". Is that intentional? I've almost accidentally cleared my history, because muscle memory told me where to click before my eyes could register that the menu layout changed.
I've now found that there is an actual "sidebar" button that still contains the history as I want it - so it's no big deal anymore.

Not sure if this is the right forum - didn't know where else to place it. On one hand, I assume its intentional, on the other hand - if no one complains, who is to know if the broad public likes this or not.

(In case someone is wondering, I'm making heavy use of the history sidebar, I read a lot of forums and thus have a ton of used links. But I also read webcomics, and it's an easy way to get back to the last read page.)
(I was about to write a thread in Firefox General about this change when I finally thought of a better way to search for what I'm missing - and instantly found it. Kind of funny - writing a thread to get an answer and getting it even before sending the posting :-))
HTML is defined by the W3C, not by a browser. <- I reject HTML5 for that reason. Making the fox guard the henhouse "because he's always been there anyway" isn't a good idea.
WaltS48

Re: (Firefox 87) History button, no sidebar - intentional?

Post by WaltS48 »

I would have to check a release version, but in my 89.0a1 I can use View > Sidebar > History (Ctrl+H) or put a "Show sidebars" icon on the toolbar from the customize widget.

87 has been updated to 88.0b3.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
DanRaisch

Re: (Firefox 87) History button, no sidebar - intentional?

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.