Difficulty printing off web pages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
busdriver12

Difficulty printing off web pages

Post by busdriver12 »

On our network, we have a Canon TS5100 series printer to which all machines print via WiFi. My wife likes to print recipes she finds on various web sites and is having difficulties using the print friendly version button on web sites to print. It stops during the print run asking to put paper in the rear tray (the paper is loaded in a cassette in the front of the printer).

She is using using an Acer laptop running Windows 10 and the printer driver is set to print from the front cassette. By using a process of elimination, I can only get this to occur when she is running Firefox (v87.0) - I got her to open the web site in MS Edge and it works fine from there. Any other print job from her laptop uses the front cassette (as expected) - only printing from web sites causes this issue. I have tested this on my 2 machines (a PC running Linux and a laptop running Windows 10 both running Firefox 87.0) and cannot replicate it.

Has anyone ever heard of similar issues with Canon printers like this? I'd like to keep her off Chromium based browsers if possible.

TIA Phil
Last edited by busdriver12 on April 4th, 2021, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phil

Sit down, shut up, and HANG ON!
makaiguy

Re: Difficulty printing off web pages

Post by makaiguy »

I don't know if this will do it for you but ...

While viewing the recipe or some other page in her browser, click File | Print (or press Control+P) to bring up the print dialog. In the Win10 FFox 87 print dialog, on the right, click "Print using the system dialog". The Win10 printer dialog should pop up. Select the printer if necessary and click "Preferences". Now change the "Paper source" to "Cassette", and check the "Always print with current settings" box. Not sure if you need to click "Apply" but it can't hurt.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Also could be a problem with paper sizes stored in Firefox preference. If you open Help > Troubleshooting Information (or about:support) and use Find for print settings there is a button to reset those. Firefox should re-read them the next time you use that particular printer.

If you prefer not to clear all the custom printer settings, you can go into about:config, filter on paper_id and click the trash can for the printer having a problem.
ardiantohar

Post by ardiantohar »

makaiguy wrote:I don't know if this will do it for you but ...

While viewing the recipe or some other page in her browser, click File | Print (or press Control+P) to bring up the print dialog. In the Win10 FFox 87 print dialog, on the right, click "Print using the system dialog". The Win10 printer dialog should pop up. Select the printer if necessary and click "Preferences". Now change the "Paper source" to "Cassette", and check the "Always print with current settings" box. Not sure if you need to click "Apply" but it can't hurt ukuran kertas a4
I got similar problem, solved by using that solution.
If there is problem about paper size, you can add manually on the print preferences.