Toolbar bookmarks

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fdhealy4

Toolbar bookmarks

Post by fdhealy4 »

I accidentally deleted two of my bookmarks from the toolbar and needed them back. I found the bookmarks restore section, picked the time and date to insure they would be included, and proceeded to restore my bookmarks. All of my folders and apps under the Bookmark Menu were restored but none of the bookmarks under the Toolbar were restored. Did I do something wrong or does the restore feature only restore Bookmark Menu apps? Is there a way to restore the Toolbar apps or is it a program limitation that it just doesn't restore Toolbar apps.
Last edited by fdhealy4 on April 6th, 2021, 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Toolbar icons

Post by DanRaisch »

Bookmarks are not apps. Perhaps it's a terminology issue but to what are you referring when you speak of "apps"? Do you mean installed extensions? If so, try right clicking on a blank space on the toolbar and select "Customize" from the context menu. If you see icons for the extensions you "deleted" you can drag and drop them to the toolbar.
fdhealy4

Post by fdhealy4 »

DanRaisch wrote:Bookmarks are not apps. Perhaps it's a terminology issue but to what are you referring when you speak of "apps"? Do you mean installed extensions? If so, try right clicking on a blank space on the toolbar and select "Customize" from the context menu. If you see icons for the extensions you "deleted" you can drag and drop them to the toolbar.
Yes I'm talking about "bookmarks". Sorry about my brain dump.
costark

Post by costark »

In the VIEW Tab at top: View/Toolbars .... I hope Bookmarks Toolbar is Not Chk'd ... EDIT: 4/9: I notice that in My Current Theme there is just View / Bookmarks Toolbar offered BUT in a Test Profile there are 3 Options, one of which is Always Show.
Last edited by costark on April 9th, 2021, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
dickvl

Re: Toolbar bookmarks

Post by dickvl »

Do you still see those bookmarks in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the Library and in the bookmarks sidebar (i.e. are they only missing on the toolbar) ?

Also make sure that the "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" control is still on the Bookmarks Toolbar.