MozillaZine

No real difference observed

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pepegot1

Post Posted June 5th, 2021, 8:22 am

I upgrade to FF 89 and it read my css file perfectly. I reduced the menu spacing with a script provided on the site. I am not complaining, but I see others are having problems that I do not have-why?
See new FF 89 an example: https://imgur.com/Y9EdtpS

skuddle

Post Posted June 5th, 2021, 9:02 am

Because most users don't know how to, or don't want to learn how to futz around and tinker with the innards of FF to get it back to where it's useful to them. They just want to be able to use it without a bunch of useless changes. [-X

If they like the interface then they'll use it and when somebody comes along and changes the interface "just because" , there's nothing they can do about it except voice their opinion.

I am one of those users and I don't exactly jump with joy when somebody comes along and dicks with the user interface under the guise of "improving it". Version 88 and earlier interfaces worked for me, version 89's interface doesn't.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1237
* Firefox 89.0 - NoScript 11.2.11

Ashleyj

Post Posted June 5th, 2021, 9:32 am

pepegot1 wrote:I upgrade to FF 89 and it read my css file perfectly. I reduced the menu spacing with a script provided on the site. I am not complaining, but I see others are having problems that I do not have-why?
See new FF 89 an example: https://imgur.com/Y9EdtpS

Perhaps the reason why you have noticed very little difference is because you have - unlike a lot of users here - are happy with your tabs above the address bar.

I have always preferred to have my tabs below the address and bookmark bar, and I am also happy to use a custom css file to do that. What I, and lots of others, moan about is that every time Mozilla does one of these UI update releases it breaks the code that puts the tabs where I want them.

Having messed around in the past just to undo the changes the update makes I have now decided that I am perfectly happy with version 88 and can see no real reason to update to 89. I have better things to do with my time than having to faff about trying to make it look like what I already have.

It seems to me that 89 brought no benefits and was just a release to give Firefox a 'fresh' look.

skuddle

Post Posted June 5th, 2021, 1:59 pm

I agree!
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1237
* Firefox 89.0 - NoScript 11.2.11

Mudder

Post Posted June 5th, 2021, 7:00 pm

I double agree, and it seems they're catering to the iPHone crowd, who use their phones while driving.

Also, they really need to have a phone number, so disgruntled users can curse and swear at them, like what I've been wanting to do for the last three days.
Maybe with burst eardrums, they'll finally get the hint.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry:

Return to Firefox Support