After update I can't access two Twitter accounts at once

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Bookworm111

After update I can't access two Twitter accounts at once

Post by Bookworm111 »

I have two Twitter accounts (one business, one personal) and before today I could always access/be logged into both accounts simultaneously. To switch from one to the other I only had to click on the three dots at the lower left hand corner of the screen next to my profile name. I installed the latest version of Firefox late yesterday and now today Firefox isn't letting me be logged in to both my Twitter accounts at the same time. When I'm on desktop Twitter and click on the three dots it only shows one account. I click on the "Add an existing account" option and when I try to add my secondary account it says that I'm already logged in on that second account. However that secondary account isn't showing up. I can only access that second account if I log out of my first account. And vice versa - if I'm on my second account the first one doesn't show up.

I tried logging out of both accounts and then logging in on one or the other and the same thing happens. I tried restarting my computer - same thing. I then checked on Chrome and there's no problem there; I am logged into both of my Twitter accounts and can switch from one to the other as normal. I checked using the Twitter iOS app on my phone and I'm logged in to both my accounts there too. It just appears to be Firefox and it only started today. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?
DanRaisch

Re: After update I can't access two Twitter accounts at once

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no specific, confirmed bug has yet been identified here.
Bookworm111

Re: After update I can't access two Twitter accounts at once

Post by Bookworm111 »

I found out what the problem was thanks to Firefox's Troubleshoot mode: it was one of my add-ons, UBlock Origin, that was causing the problem and not Firefox. For some reason the "cosmetic filtering" (eyeball icon with a slash through it) on UBlock Origin was turned on and that caused my second Twitter account to not show up. Once I clicked the "cosmetic filtering" off the second account appeared. Next time I'll remember to use the Troubleshoot mode first. Thanks @DanRaisch for moving my post to the correct forum.