After update - certain web elements print as raster

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Nettkrawler

After update - certain web elements print as raster

Post by Nettkrawler »

Hi.

At a certain website, there are dynamic web elements that I need to print (to pdf). After the latest Firefox update (printing worked fine at 12. jun) that set of web elements does not print as before, but is now appearing as a bad quality raster image instead, and in addition the file size (when using pdf printer) goes from nice 40kB to a very bloating 180kB.

I did a test to try to rule out the possibility the issue being the web page, so I also did the same using Brave. Turns out Brave output the print as expected, both regarding file size and look.

Here is screen shots of the web elements.
Image Image

Unfortunately I cannot provide any link (as I know about) without revealing personal information (source is from an invoice).
DanRaisch

Re: After update - certain web elements print as raster

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no specific bug has been identified here and we won't be able to evaluate the situation as it would require personal information.
jscher2000

Re: After update - certain web elements print as raster

Post by jscher2000 »

Are you using the built-in converter (Destination = Save to PDF) or an external PDF virtual printer? The internal function may work more similarly to other browsers in how it constructs the PDF vs. what Firefox sends to what it imagines to be a physical printer.