MozillaZine

Bookmarks Sidebar Gone Missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
aajax

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 7:09 am

In the past my Firefox has had an ICON that can be used to display bookmarks in a separate frame (?sidebar) on the left side of the screen. I've always used it quite a lot. Just recently (maybe today) it is no longer there. When I open an instance of Firefox that was previously displaying that sidebar it still appears. However, if I close it I'm NO longer able to restore it.

I have Firefox on lots of computers. So far I haven't checked them all but just discovered this problem on Firefox 89 running on a Windows 10 computer.

What's going on? Did I just fail to read a change log associated with a recent update?

TheVisitor

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 7:18 am

Under 'Customize' that is an Icon for 'Sidebars', drag it from Customize to where you want it to reside. The Sidebar button has a drop list and you can select which side-bar list you wish to look at. It you set it to 'Bookmarks', then the next time you click the button bookmarks open in the sidebar.

jscher2000

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 9:00 am

Also, the keyboard shortcut to open/close the Bookmarks sidebar is Ctrl+B (unless the page you're viewing intercepts it for another purpose).

aajax

Post Posted July 18th, 2021, 6:45 am

Oh! I see. I'm afraid the customization is something I've never done. I suppose what is good about what happened here is that I now know about it.

Still curious about what made it go away but that is NOT a significant concern.

Thanks for replies. Back in business now. Thankfully.

Return to Firefox Support