Weird font on some pages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jessefriday

Weird font on some pages

Post by jessefriday »

I have noticed that a couple months ago some webpages are coming out with a weird and ugly font. i know you can set up where you can change the fonts as default. but this changes every page regardless, even the ones without this problem. so this is not the solution.
you can see the example here. the fonts look blocky and hard to read.

Whats the fix for this, have you experience something like this. Chrome seems to render the same page fine, so i know its a problem with firefox.
Last edited by jessefriday on August 16th, 2021, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Weird font on some pages

Post by DanRaisch »

To post an image on the forums see this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

Try menu path Tools->Settings-> Language & Appearance->click on the "Advanced" button->uncheck "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above".
jessefriday

Post by jessefriday »

Hi Dan,
i have tried that before. But now the websites which had their fonts fine, now all look different. the point is not to fix every website, but the ones with the ugly font. im trying to figure out why and what is causing this problem. i fixed the image so now you can see it in the original post.
therube

Post by therube »

Did you try, Safe Mode?
Did you test in a new, clean Profile?

Can you post a URL to that page (or does it require a login)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

Looks fine on my end.
Certainly looks wrong on yours.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

This is possibly an issue with the font (could be Helvetica) that is used to display the text and you have installed this font locally.

You can check Rules in the right panel in the Inspector what font-family is used for selected text.
You can check in the Font tab what font is actually used in case Firefox uses a different.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... Edit_fonts