Firefox refuses to open websites....

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
brucepascal

Firefox refuses to open websites....

Post by brucepascal »

Hello

I am using Ff 78.13.0esr and for a while now, I find that Ff does not open several websites unless being hassled...
This happens when the webadress is either too long, like for a page of a german TV station just now. Or if it has (in the opinion of mozilla) too many forward slashes in the adress, as happens with gmx-mail regularly. Or, as it seems if Mozilla maybe does not like the content of the website (?), f.e. RT which I ALWAYS have to try twice, using exactly the same link, which never connects at first time, but never fails by simply trying a second time.... this all started several months ago-

Is there anything known about this "problem" that might help be around this nuisance?

Thank you...
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox refuses to open websites....

Post by DanRaisch »

It would be helpful if you provided a specific URL where you see this issue so others can see what happens when they try to access it.
brucepascal

Post by brucepascal »

DanRaisch wrote:It would be helpful if you provided a specific URL where you see this issue so others can see what happens when they try to access it.
Thanks... As I wrote RT comes to mind immediately... I click on the saved link, and only a white page appears, I have to go back and click on the link a second time and immediately RT opens, every time.

Or if I try to go to https://www.kicker.de/fc-bayern-muenche ... ga/2021-22 that adress, like many others with several //// in it, appears in Ff adressbar, but the page remains white. When I now click on that adress in the adressbar, below it appears the same adress fat in white on blue, and asks me "visit?". Which seems pretty idiotic, as I had clicked on that book mark....

So I am asking if this is a problem others are familiar with. Never happened until a few Ff versions earlier...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not seeing the issue here. Kicker.de opens immediately and displays properly, once JavaScript is allowed.

As for RT, I don't know what site your referring to.
brucepascal

Post by brucepascal »

DanRaisch wrote:Not seeing the issue here. Kicker.de opens immediately and displays properly, once JavaScript is allowed.

As for RT, I don't know what site your referring to.
Thank you, I suspected that it was my Ff fingerprint that is the problem. Kicker does open properly but not at the first time...
I have been using the same eight add ons for ages. But I wanted to at least check if someone else has the same problem... I always find it wonderful when after fifty updates some software does hundreds "for me" that I did not ask for, but is then so overstuffed that it cannot no longer do what it used to...

Thanks again for your help....