Cannot Log Into Firefox To Sync New Devices....

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
RosieRose

Cannot Log Into Firefox To Sync New Devices....

Post by RosieRose »

Bought a new android device and but when I had to login to Firefox to sync up had a bit of a login problem. Googled the problem, and while reading the troubleshooting learned about Recovery Keys and Firefox. Don't want to lose my info if I have to change my password, so, after figuring out the login problem and getting to my account followed the Recovery Key instructions. However, I never got the part to save the recovery key info. Not to worry,instructions said go back in and click on remove and start again. And this is where I was stopped. The minute I clicked on Remove, I got an error message, "Your account Recovery Key could not be removed." Now what do I do, please and thank you.

edited for typo...
HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop, 12 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB SATA, Intel® HD Graphics 620, DVD Writer
RosieRose

Re: Cannot Log Into Firefox To Sync New Devices....

Post by RosieRose »

I finally just stopped trying to sync up my devices for a couple of weeks, and the next time I tried to log in I was able to get into my account, and sync up everything. I also was able to get the recovery key and have put it in a safe place. I guess sometimes if things are just left alone for a bit, they work out. But why it wouldn't work before but did later? Who knows.