Internal links not working for some websites (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
chameau

Internal links not working for some websites (Linux)

Post by chameau »

hi,
I'm using version 91.0.2 on linux mint 20.2

I recently experienced non responsive behaviour on some websites (access using firefox 91)

Sometimes when I click on an internal link (a link that goes to an other page on the same website ie. from Home page to Contact us page) nothing happens? it's as the link does not work? when I refresh the site, then (but to always) the link works, but only once. If I want to go on an other page then that link does not work??? it only happens with some websites not all. I an other computer running Manjaro-Cinnamon 20 with Firefox 91 - I get the same issue. I also get the same issue on yet an other computer running Windows 7 pro and Firefox 91. So I do not think it's the OS
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 10th, 2021, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
DanRaisch

Re: Internal links not working for some websites

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
chameau

Post by chameau »

'Safe Mode' makes no difference, the same thing happens! It not on all websites only some - A good example is: www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au maybe you can reproduce the problem?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No trouble with that site here under version 92 and Win10, but only after allowing JavaScript to run.
chameau

Post by chameau »

DanRaisch wrote:No trouble with that site here under version 92 and Win10, but only after allowing JavaScript to run.
Currently running version 92 on Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon DE - I could not find any mention of Javascript in the settings, so I searched for it in about:config and found that 'javascript.enabled' is set to 'true'
There are lots more javascript settings most of them are set to true (I just looked - I did not modify anything). The only setting (in about:config) that I changed some time ago was to restore the 'Print Preview' link in the file menu.
dickvl

Re: Internal links not working for some websites (Linux)

Post by dickvl »

You can try Firefox from the official Mozilla server.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/a ... op-release
therube

Post by therube »

A good example is: www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au maybe you can reproduce the problem?
And there's no particular internal link that you can point to there, or do all internal links there fail?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
chameau

Post by chameau »

therube wrote:
A good example is: http://www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au maybe you can reproduce the problem?
And there's no particular internal link that you can point to there, or do all internal links there fail?
Hi,
I should have picked a different site as an example as 'Lotterywest' requires login. So try this site: https://rac.com.au (please note no www) when the index page opens you see a series of panels (insurance, roadside assistance, etc...). try to click on a link in any of the panels. When the new page opens, click on any link in the new panel - That does not work for me!

When I try to access this site, the home page opens as normal, when I click on one of the links that page opens, but thereafter any links I click on has no effect - nothing happens? when I hower over a link I can see the address on the bottom left side of the screen. When I type this address into the address bar and hit enter, I'm taken to the page. I can use the back arrow to get back to the previous page and use the forward arrow to get back to the page I came from. Sometimes (but not always) when I click 'reload current page' I can click on a link and go to that page, but once again no further. This happens on a desktop running Linux Mint cinnamon 20.2 and Firefox 92. I tried it on an other computer running Linux Manjaro cinnamon 21.2 and Firefox 91.02 and the same thing happens there as well?
Thinking maybe it's a Linux issue, I tried it on Windows 7 with Firefox 92 (running in a VM on the Linux Manjaro computer) and the same issue happens there as well!
I don't think it's the Firefox install as the Mint came from the Mint repo, the Manjaro came from the Manjaro repo, and the Windows version was downloaded from the Mozilla repo.