Help needed with Firefox 91.0.2 & YouTube login. [Linux.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tomdkat

Help needed with Firefox 91.0.2 & YouTube login. [Linux.]

Post by tomdkat »

Hi! I have my mom setup running Firefox 91.0.2 on Ubuntu 20.02.2 Linux and it works fine. Recently, we discovered some changes in Firefox 91 caused her to be logged out of sites when Firefox closes. I poked around various settings and found the setting to *always* run Firefox in private mode was enabled. So, I disabled that. I then found the settings where Firefox would delete cookies except for websites defined as exceptions. So, I added http://www.youtube.com *and* accounts.google.com to the list of exceptions.

Here's the problem: when we open Firefox and go to YouTube, she has to click the "Sign In" button each time to be logged into her account. She doesn't need to enter her password, but she needs to click "Sign In" each time. Before Firefox 91, she would be able to visit YouTube and automatically be logged in so she could immediately see her Home YouTube page and see her subscriptions, etc.

Is it possible to restore this behavior in Firefox 91.0.2 such that when she access YouTube, she's automatically signed in and doesn't have to manually click "Sign In"?

Thanks in advance!

Peace...
Last edited by LIMPET235 on September 5th, 2021, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Linux.] to the title.
jscher2000

Re: Help with needed with Firefox 91.0.2 and YouTube login

Post by jscher2000 »

Is she still logged in to her Google account, but YouTube doesn't detect that automatically? I wonder whether more Google exceptions might be needed? For example, https://google.com (the base domain).
tomdkat

Re: Help needed with Firefox 91.0.2 & YouTube login. [Linux.

Post by tomdkat »

Thanks for the reply and for the suggestion! So, I went to add "google.com" as an exception and low and behold, YouTube started working! So, I'm not sure what happened but it's all good now.

So, YouTube *now* works *without* adding "google.com" as an exception.

Peace...
tomdkat

Re: Help needed with Firefox 91.0.2 & YouTube login. [Linux.

Post by tomdkat »

Well, unfortunately I was mistaken above. It *appeared* to work but the YouTube login issue persisted. *sigh* I even added "google.com" as an exception domain and that didn't work. So, I disabled the clearing of cookies when Firefox is closed and now the YouTube login state is preserved.

Peace...