Which Firefox Browser For A Laptop

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
woodbine

Which Firefox Browser For A Laptop

Post by woodbine »

Quick question. I want to download Firefox browser on my new laptop, I normally use a desktop and never had a laptop before. Which browser do I download for the laptop, because when I look at Firefox downloads it only offers desktop or mobile browsers?

Or is it only offering me desktop and mobile because I'm looking at the Firefox website on my destop? I haven't received the laptop yet, so I'm thinking if I visit the Firefox site using the laptop, maybe it will detect I'm using a laptop and offer me a download for laptops?

Thanks for any advice.
Last edited by woodbine on September 14th, 2021, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: Which Firefox Browser For A Laptop

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Firefox will work fine on your new laptop.
There's really no difference between a desktop or laptop...re; Firefox.
It's just a computer.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
James

Post by James »

https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/92.0/sy ... quirements

A desktop being a device that uses normal Windows (7, 8.1, 10), Mac OS X, or Linux whether the hardware is in a big case or a tiny box like a Intel Nuc. A laptop with say Windows 7, 8.1, 10) is basically a all-in-one device with a screen and keyboard built in as it is not a mobile device like a phone or small tablet using a mobile OS like Android or iOS.

Though there are some Windows tablets out there that can be used like a compact laptop when you combine it with a slim kb, however they may be using a Atom CPU or such and not one from Intel or AMD.

If the laptop is one of those that uses "Chrome OS" then you would need to use either Android Firefox or even Firefox for Linux either in a dual OS boot or its internal Linux or such depending on its hardware specs etc.

You likely got a laptop that uses Windows 10 and uses a CPU that is either a Intel or AMD Ryzen so the Firefox you are currently using will work.
woodbine

Post by woodbine »

Thanks to both of you for taking time to answer my question. That's just the info I need.