Why double space menus and bookmarks? User don't want it.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DrakeJones

Why double space menus and bookmarks? User don't want it.

Post by DrakeJones »

Why keep dumping unwanted and counterproductive design changes on FF? User opinions have been cut out of the loop. Why? Going from 25% market share to less than 3.5% is enough to cause some sot of self-reflection over a The Mozilla Foundation? Was that $450 million from Google a death benefit for demise FF?
LIMPET235

Re: Why double space menus and bookmarks? User don't want it

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Browse through this thread for a solution?
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... ble+spaced
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
skuddle

Post by skuddle »

If you don't like the new boogered user interface, you can muck around as described in the previous post. And I mean muck around. And then every time FF poops out a new version, you can muck around again. And again. And again.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4046
* Firefox 124; Thunderbird 115.8
Mcd73165

Post by Mcd73165 »

Personally, I like this new clean interface. I didn't at first but it grew on me. It is easy to change it back to the original interface (spacing) If desired as how to do it is mentioned in several posts. Here is how to do it if desired:
In about:config, change these 2 items to False:

browser.proton.enabled

browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled

Changing these items to False will partially disable the Proton theme. For a more complete change back to the Photon Style, change these 2 items to false also:

browser.proton.modals.enabled

browser.proton.doorhangers.enabled
skuddle

Post by skuddle »

Thank you for your suggestions, but that's not what I've been reading from everybody else on this forum. Starting with version 91 there is no easy way to undo the proton user interface without doing a lot of code changes. I am currently using version 89 with some changes that I made and am very reluctant to update to version 92 just to find out that your suggestions do not work.

White tabs on a white background? Double-spaced pull-down menus? No bookmark or tab separators? Thanks but no thanks.

Perhaps others who read this post will add their opinions on your suggested changes and let me and others know if they work?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4046
* Firefox 124; Thunderbird 115.8
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Hi skuddle, Firefox 92 looks similar to Firefox 89 without any modifications to roll back the Proton UI. There is an additional change, which is that the styling of the Bookmarks Toolbar folder drop-downs is more rounded on the corners.
skuddle wrote:White tabs on a white background? Double-spaced pull-down menus? No bookmark or tab separators?
For the color scheme, you can use a Theme. For the spacing of menus, and tab separators, you need CSS. I still see bookmark separators; I don't think that has changed.

If you are style shopping, I have some suggested code here: https://www.userchrome.org/firefox-89-s ... on-ui.html