Top display items have disappeared

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Beadmaster

Top display items have disappeared

Post by Beadmaster »

I can only find some of them now, in a very inconvenient way.

I'm in a less than ideal place with a laptop with Windows 10 and Firefox (latest version, always kept automatically updated). I'm working in an area that's so tiny, there's no room for an external keyboard. The laptop keyboard is a disaster. Unfortunately, without room for the external keyboard I was typing away and suddenly I unintentionally pressed the airplane mode button. Which threw me offline after initially having to reboot and travel to a parallel universe just to get the stupid online connection going in the first place.

The keyboard was still plugged in and after discovering I'd somehow managed to magically get back online (nothing I did, must have been that parallel universe!), my foot hit the still-plugged-in keyboard on the floor and it started typing a lot of garbage. I unplugged it, called it several nasty words and have now discovered my top display items -including my all-important menu bar - are gone. All I have is a full screen of whatever site I'm looking at. I can get back limited items from the top display by moving the mouse cursor as high up on the screen as it will go, but all I get are my tabs and the URL bar. The menu bar...nowhere to be found. I can't get the tabs or the URL bar to stay unhidden at all. They hide immediately like a bashful child when the cursor moves away from the top of the screen. So how do I access the file menu? How do I turn off this extremely limiting (and irritating) mode? I need my menus, I need my URL bar showing without extra mouse intervention and I need my tabs accessible, too.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Beadmaster

Re: Top display items have disappeared

Post by Beadmaster »

Okay, apologies...I must be particularly dense today. After several searches I finally found the solution...the correct one. Had found several incorrect ones, but finally found the right one.

Thank you for reading and sorry for any trouble!