SOLVED - FF 93.0 Remove 'Toggle Bar (F9) and how, please?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Energise

SOLVED - FF 93.0 Remove 'Toggle Bar (F9) and how, please?

Post by Energise »

Windows 10 v 20H2 (19042.1288)
Firefox 93.0 64-bit

I've just installed the latest version of Firefox (93.0) and would like to remo ve the 'Toggle Box (F9)', if this is possible.

I've been to 'Customise' and added/removed a few various ones but can't see where, or how, to remove the 'Toggle' button, which I won't be using.

Hopefully, one of you, with vast your experience and knowledge, will be able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
Last edited by Energise on October 19th, 2021, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
jscher2000

Re: FF 93.0 Can I remove 'Toggle Bar (F9) and how, please?

Post by jscher2000 »

You want to hide the Reader View button from the address bar, or keep the button and disable the F9 keyboard shortcut, or completely disable Reader View?
Energise

Post by Energise »

jscher2000 wrote:You want to hide the Reader View button from the address bar, or keep the button and disable the F9 keyboard shortcut, or completely disable Reader View?
Thanks for your response, @jsher2000

It's the button/icon itself, that I want to remove/hide. I've got no need for it but, should I want it, I can use F9. I don't want to just disable it, I want it gone! LOL

Thanks
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

I think you'll need to use a userChrome.css rule to hide the button. Have you delved into that world before?
Energise

Post by Energise »

jscher2000 wrote:I think you'll need to use a userChrome.css rule to hide the button. Have you delved into that world before?
Hi again

Yes, infrequently and not recently, though, but I think I remember one is advised to first make a copy of the file. I can't remember quite where that file is, just now, although it may come back to me, one day!!! LOL

Interestingly enough, although I have same version of FF and same version/build Win 10, I don't have this 'icon' on my PC but I do on laptop. It's the one on the laptop I'd like to get rid of it

Can I assume you are aware of how to fix this ... ? ;) Please share, do! ;)

Thanks. I appreciate any help
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

That would be this code in userChrome.css.

Code: Select all

#reader-mode-button { display: none !important; }
Note that Reade mode is only available if a website meets certain conditions like the size of text containers and the layout in general.
Energise

Post by Energise »

dickvl wrote:That would be this code in userChrome.css.

Code: Select all

#reader-mode-button { display: none !important; }
Note that Reade mode is only available if a website meets certain conditions like the size of text containers and the layout in general.
Thanks very much dickvl
I've had to create a 'chrome' file and then created userChrome.css file. On opening FF, the icon has GONE!!!! Many thanks for this. I really appreciate it :)