SOLVED Deleted google connections - still challenged with PW

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ziponline

SOLVED Deleted google connections - still challenged with PW

Post by ziponline »

I have deleted ALL google Gmail email ACCOUNTS and and disconnected/deleted the calendar connection add-on and I am still challenged with this message on every Thunderbird startup.
"Authentication Required - https://Google.com Is requesting your username and password. The site says: "Google APIs"."
I have deleted ALL Add-ons. I have the latest thunderbird version. I have the latest Windows on a desktop. My Thunderbird version 91.2.0 (64 bit version). On Google website I disabled the pop3/IMAP.
Last edited by ziponline on October 20th, 2021, 8:31 am, edited 8 times in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Deleted ALL google connections - still challenged with P

Post by DanRaisch »

I have deleted ALL google emails
Are you referring to deleting messages received from a Google account or did you actually remove any/all Google/Gmail accounts from your Thunderbird profile?
"latest thunderbird version" is ambiguous. What version is identified if you use menu path Help->Troubleshooting information?
ziponline

Post by ziponline »

DanRaisch wrote:
I have deleted ALL google emails
Are you referring to deleting messages received from a Google account or did you actually remove any/all Google/Gmail accounts from your Thunderbird profile?
"latest thunderbird version" is ambiguous. What version is identified if you use menu path Help->Troubleshooting information?
I deleted all google Gmail email ACCOUNTS and the calendar and still get the google password challenge on bootup. There is nothing I can find google related. My Thunderbird 91.2.0 (64 bit version). On Google website I disabled the pop3/IMAP. Also, I edited the original posting, and I am pasting here the exact error (I had mistyped before) "Authentication Required - https://Google.com Is requesting your username and password. The site says: "Google APIs"."
ziponline

Post by ziponline »

SOLUTION: I had to open a separate calendar tab (I had no calendar icon in my menu to begin with). Then had to Unsubscribe all my calendars. Apparently, even though all calendars were disabled, the program still makes the call out to Google?