Firefox (CentOS) strike again

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
taylorkh

Firefox (CentOS) strike again

Post by taylorkh »

CentOS 7 just bumped FF from 78.14.0esr to 91.2.0esr. This of course killed a critical part of my workflow :( I store passwords for non-critical sites such as forums etc. in the FF password manager. I have it locked with a master password. I ONLY unlock it when I wish to login to some site. Of course FF nags me to unlock everytime it comes across a page with saved credentials. Over the years I have dealt with this by changing the preference to save or not save signons:

1 - using an add on which dealt with prefs. This quit working a long time ago.
2 - I created a bookmark on the toolbar to about:config?filter=signon.rememberSignons - this also quit
3 - Per this thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3067355 I changed my bookmark to chrome://global/content/config.xhtml?filter=signon.rememberSignons

FF 91 tells me
File not found

Firefox can’t find the file at jar:file:///usr/lib64/firefox/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/config.xhtml?filter=signon.rememberSignons.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.
about:config still has the preference. Would someone kindly point me to where the preference is hidden in the recent releases of FF so that I can update my bookmark?

TIA,

Ken
jscher2000

Re: Firefox (CentOS) strike again

Post by jscher2000 »

Hi Ken, are you okay with using the Preferences page? If so, this URL works as a bookmark to the Passwords and Logins section for easy access to the checkbox:

about:preferences#privacy-logins
morat

Post by morat »

The url 1 and url 2 are equivalent.

1. about:config
2. chrome://global/content/aboutconfig/aboutconfig.html

I believe the developers removed the filter feature.

Fails:

about:config?filter=signon.rememberSignons
about:config?filter=/warnOnClose|loadInBackground/

Fails:

chrome://global/content/aboutconfig/aboutconfig.html?filter=signon.rememberSignons
chrome://global/content/aboutconfig/aboutconfig.html?filter=/warnOnClose|loadInBackground/

P.S.

You could create a button to toggle a pref.

userChrome.js hacks
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14854175
Last edited by morat on October 25th, 2021, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taylorkh

Post by taylorkh »

Thanks jscher2000,

That might just do the trick. As a benefit I only have to SINGLE click to change the check box rather than DOUBLE clicking the preference in about:config. That might save me a thousand or two clicks over a year :mrgreen:

Thanks morat,

Sometimes I wish the developers would leave well enough alone.

Ken