Any way to remove a specific URL suggestion?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Barabba

Any way to remove a specific URL suggestion?

Post by Barabba »

Hi, I?ve read around but no one of the suggested ways work, FF still showing forevet that wrong address when I type and I can't ged rid of (!!). The site isn't more in history, but for some reasons it remembers it.
I don't want to stop suggestions.
I don't want to clear all database.
WHat I can do? Which file I've to open to search for it and manually remove it?
I consider this a bug, and I would guess it's better to concentrate on these instead of invent something else useless (as the new graphic, in my opinion)
jscher2000

Re: Any way to remove a specific URL suggestion?

Post by jscher2000 »

Is this unwanted address:

* in the address bar itself, a top-level server addresses that appears in the bar as you type ("autofill" feature), or
* in the drop-down list as you type (bookmarks/history), or
* in the drop-down list after you click the bar before you type any text for Firefox to match (Shortcuts)
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

Thanks for reply, it's autofill, where this data are store? Can I forcely remove them? Thanks
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

hopefully somebody may tell how, thanks

may you please watch the video to understand what in particular I mean? https://youtu.be/3JiaJpZ34jI
I hate this 65535, every time I try to connect to the new router I have to delete it manually

I've tried use Firefox Lockwise but this is just for passwords, not autofill
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

You could try "Forget About This Site". That is an option when you right-click an entry for a site in History. That may remove it from the table of previously visited host names (it also may delete other data saved for that address such as cookies, saved logins and bookmarks).
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

jscher2000 wrote:You could try "Forget About This Site". That is an option when you right-click an entry for a site in History. That may remove it from the table of previously visited host names (it also may delete other data saved for that address such as cookies, saved logins and bookmarks).
thank you a lot, seems it works. Opened the site, then opened history, saw the entry, click with right button ens chose to forget it with any other data..
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

Hi, I've the opposite problem now, I can't store the correct 192.168.0.1, it always guess to use 192.168.0.103 which probably I've opened once and one year ago.
As result I alwasy have to edit manually the address, the same problem as before.
How can I store http://192.168.0.1? Thank you
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Maybe bookmark the preferred address and see whether that helps.
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

Unfortunately the previous method and the last one dowan't work for me, wow how FF getting complicated here, they should care more about this autofill. I summarize my problem now
SOmehow, I can't reproduce it again so I don't remember how I did it, I?ve removed the 192.168.0.1:65535, it's not known by FF.
Now when I type 192 I suddenly have 192.168.0.254, I let it autofill, I delete the last, type 1 and have .103, I click right on it and chose delete, I blank out address again and type again 192.. again appears 192.168.0.103. I've tried the same while pressing shift, I tried with control, alt and so on.
I've tried click on the history appearing below on .103, I've tried all, and I still see it. Amazing PLease chack the video
https://youtu.be/SEH1BKo8v8Y
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

As long as the URL suggestion is not a saved bookmark just use the arrow keys to highlight it, and press SHIFT + DELETE.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

BobbyPhoenix wrote:As long as the URL suggestion is not a saved bookmark just use the arrow keys to highlight it, and press SHIFT + DELETE.
I've tried it in any way, and doesn't work :(
I can't find a way to remove 192.168.0.103

Where these infos are stored? Can I access that file, open it and delete manually? That works better than these methids. I suppose Firefox has to improve this feature
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Barabba wrote:Thanks for reply, it's autofill, where this data are store? Can I forcely remove them? Thanks
we used to be able to 'hilite' by hovering over the address in the addressbar drop down and While 'hi-lighted' (selected/active) press delete key.

Nope. just tried it. no longer works.

sorry, Landis.
'Microsucks' made me nuts, Linux is making me crazy...
...at least with Linux, I can afford the therapy.. : )
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can use these steps to remove saved items from an autocomplete drop-down list.
Click the (empty) input field on the webpage to open the drop-down list.
Highlight an entry in the drop-down list with cursor Down key, do not click the mouse or press the Enter key.
For the url bar, press "Shift+Delete" to delete the highlighted entry.

Note that hovering with the mouse no longer works.