Bookmarks icon disappeard from the toolbar (Linux) [solved]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Tootler

Bookmarks icon disappeard from the toolbar (Linux) [solved]

Post by Tootler »

The Bookmarks/History icon has disappeared from the main toolbar. There are two spacer bars between the home and print icons - like this | | - which is presumably where they should be. Also the bookmarks/History panel on the left of the main screen has disappeared too. I looked in bookmarks in the main menu and it only shows recently added bookmarks not the complete set. I checked the FAQs and they didn't seem to be a lot of help.

This seems to have happened since the last software update. I did a software update today but it didn't fix it though firefox was updated.

I'm running Linux Mint 19.3 Mate on an HP laptop.
Last edited by Tootler on January 15th, 2022, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dickvl

Re: Bookmarks icon disappeard from the toolbar (Linux)

Post by dickvl »

The Library and the Home button aren't present by default on the Navigation Toolbar.
You need to open Customize Toolbar and drag them to the toolbar.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cu ... d-toolbars

Note that there is also a Bookmarks Menu button available in the customize palette.

See "How do I add the Bookmarks Menu button to the toolbar?":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bookmarks-firefox
Tootler

Re: Bookmarks icon disappeard from the toolbar (Linux)

Post by Tootler »

I had done that a long time ago. They used to be there and they've disappeared. Something had changed my setup and the location of the. Anyway, I found the customise toolbar. I'd been looking in the wrong place as it was a long time since I needed to use the toolbar customisation and things had been moved around.

I've restored the bookmarks button. It had definitely been removed as the flexible space was empty and it wasn't previously.