2 Same Profiles But Different Options... Help!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zlaer

2 Same Profiles But Different Options... Help!

Post by zlaer »

Hi guys... I have 2 profiles of the same version, an old and new one. On the old profile I have the option to make the toolbar compact in the 'density' tab at the bottom when I click 'customize toolbar.' But I dont have that same option in the new profile. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?
smsmith

Re: 2 Same Profiles But Different Options... Help!

Post by smsmith »

So the compact option was removed from new profiles and old profiles where the compact option had not been set. In an old profile where compact was set, you can still use it.

To get it to show in the new profile, go to about:config and search for the preference browser.compactmode.show and toggle it to true. Next time you open the toolbar customization, you will be able to use it, but not that the option says "Not supported". If there are any issues with the compact mode, they will not be fixing them.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About%3Aconfig
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

smsmith wrote:So the compact option was removed from new profiles and old profiles where the compact option had not been set. In an old profile where compact was set, you can still use it.

To get it to show in the new profile, go to about:config and search for the preference browser.compactmode.show and toggle it to true. Next time you open the toolbar customization, you will be able to use it, but not that the option says "Not supported". If there are any issues with the compact mode, they will not be fixing them.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About%3Aconfig
Very cool. I got the compact feature as per your help. Thanks man.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Great! Very welcome!
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.