Why Do Cookies Keep Coming Back After I Delete Them?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zlaer

Why Do Cookies Keep Coming Back After I Delete Them?

Post by zlaer »

I have firefox, latest version, 64 bit on win 10. I thought I deleted cookies for Spectrum TV through firefox and the CAD addon. But when I restart firefox and go to Spectrum TV, I'm signed in automatically. On the CAD icon popup there are no cookies stored. None in firefox's settings either. I even deleted cookies.sqlite from my profile. Yet I find myself signed into Spectrum TV automatically every time I boot up firefox. How do I fix this??
DanRaisch

Re: Why Do Cookies Keep Coming Back After I Delete Them?

Post by DanRaisch »

Did you also clear all of the sign-ons data from Firefox for that site?
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Are you subscribed to Spectrum ? From what I see there may be a setting in the app for 'auto-start-up'. Also you could open the 'Task Manager' in Windows, click on the 'Start' tab.
Is SpectrumTV listed in the Startup list, disable it there.
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

TheVisitor wrote:Are you subscribed to Spectrum ? From what I see there may be a setting in the app for 'auto-start-up'. Also you could open the 'Task Manager' in Windows, click on the 'Start' tab.
Is SpectrumTV listed in the Startup list, disable it there.
I am subscribed to spectrum tv but I dont have an app for it on my PC. I use its URL
Last edited by zlaer on January 22nd, 2022, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

DanRaisch wrote:Did you also clear all of the sign-ons data from Firefox for that site?
I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by this? Are you saying delete login info from ff's password manager? If so, I did that and the problem still persists.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Are you closing all tabs before you close Firefox because otherwise the cookies are stored in sessionstore.jsonlz4 as part of session data?
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

dickvl wrote:Are you closing all tabs before you close Firefox because otherwise the cookies are stored in sessionstore.jsonlz4 as part of session data?
Yes I'm closing the spectrum tv tab. Yet I'm still unable to keep those cookies from coming back.