Errors on banking sites

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Zosimos

Errors on banking sites

Post by Zosimos »

When I try to use Firefox to sign into my banking sites, I get an error with some of them. That this error is 'permission denied' made me think at first it was an error with the site itself, but it turns out that those sites work when I use a different browser.

Since I already have a special profile for banking with no privacy protecting extensions, it must be something in Firefox default settings causing the problems. What settings might I need to disable or otherwise adjust in the special banking profile to allow me to use banking sites with Firefox?
BuddhaNature

Re: Errors on banking sites

Post by BuddhaNature »

Have you tried using Troubleshoot Mode?: Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode

Warning do not use the Refresh Firefox option unless you really, really mean it.

Perhaps you could post up a couple of links to some of the sites that are giving you problems — in that way some folks here could test in their own Firefox and see if they have the same problem too.

I also see that your Firefox is an old version, maybe updating to current version would help.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

I have the same trouble. Bank PNC will not open. It opens in Edge, however.
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

Trouble Shooting did not solve the problem. Tools/Privacy and Security/Custom: unchecked "cross site tracking cookies and now it works.
Zosimos

Post by Zosimos »

Hmm, I'll have to try that. I just opened a new account at Ally Financial (used to be called GMAC) and the signup process worked fine, but when I tried to go to the 'dashboard' to actually manage the account it could not load the page. I had to resort to Edge also.
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

i've also heard that using firefox's "enhanced tracking protection" to block "fingerprinters" can cause problems with logging in to some websites, particularly bank websites.

i have firefox's "enhanced tracking protection" set to block 3rd-party cookies and nothing else.

i use the "ublock origin" browser-extension and i figure that it blocks everything that needs to be blocked.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox