Website incompatable

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
write_again

Website incompatable

Post by write_again »

Safeway has a website that a problem for my browsers.

With Firefox, I cannot view or click on the Chat bubble for help. It does not appear. It does appear with Edge and Epic.
I brought this to the attention of Safeway and they suggested:
"[quote]We suggest that you troubleshoot your browser, please CLEAR all History and Cookies since the chat service is working for others. If you still cannot use our CHAT services, please use Chrome instead of Firefox. After you tried both of those options please let us know if you are still having issues.
/quote]
I find this important because, when I had problems with the Safeway web site using Seamonkeym the general suggestion was to let Safeway know about it or switch to Firefox. Seamonkey no longer works on Safeway web site. It will eventually lock up after using lots of memory and cpu power.

Also I notice that Firefox uses over 700 Mb of memory on the Safeway web site. NOT A LOT by current standards, but it could be a problem if it increases. Edge uses about 116Mb at Safeway.

I
bob c

Re: Website incompatable

Post by bob c »

I went to the Safeway site--chat worked for me--Win7 X 64 FF 99.0.1 also running ublock
therube

Post by therube »

https://www.safeway.com/contact-us.html
Bottom left of the page, click the "Begin Chat" button does not seem to do... anything?
(100rc1)

You know, when words don't have an effect, there are other avenues available to one.

Ah!
In this case, it does not work in Private Browsing.
It does work in a non-Private window.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

It does not seem to work with UBlockOrigin enabled - (uBO)
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

write_again wrote:Safeway has a website that a problem for my browsers
i fooled around with the "safeway" website and its "begin chat" button issue.

i had to disable my HOSTS file before the "begin chat" button would work, and that was with running firefox in "private window" mode, and running the chrome browser in "incognito" mode, where, in both cases, no browser-extensions were loaded.

running firefox in normal mode, where my browser-extensions were loaded, i couldn't get the "begin chat" button to work. i say "couldn't," i mean i quit trying to get it to work. i am sure it would have worked if i had proceeded to disable all of my browser-extensions, but i got tired of fooling with it. i did go as far as disabling "ublock origin," but i didn't disable "noscript" or "malwarebytes browser guard."

so, the problem is not with the firefox browser, or the chrome browser. it is just that our security-settings, with our HOSTS files and our browser-extensions, prevent the "begin chat" button on the webpage from functioning properly.

incidentally, the "chat" thing seemed to be nothing more than a "bot."
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox