Firefox Won't Remember Login Info

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pilope

Firefox Won't Remember Login Info

Post by pilope »

In ff settings, I enabled it to delete cookies when Firefox is closed EXCEPT for a few. However when I go to those websites whose cookies are remembered in ff, it will NOT remember my login info. How can I fix this?
redwolfe_98

Re: Firefox Won't Remember Login Info

Post by redwolfe_98 »

pilope wrote:In ff settings, I enabled it to delete cookies when Firefox is closed EXCEPT for a few.
with firefox's "clear history," there are no "exceptions" for saving cookies. if you have it set to remove cookies, it removes all cookies. no exceptions.

so, if you want to save some cookies, you cannot have firefox's "clear history" set to remove cookies, or else all cookies are removed.

so, in that case, if you want some cookies to be removed while others to be saved, you have to manually delete the cookies that you want to be removed while saving the cookies that you want to save.

you could use the "ccleaner" program to remove the cookies that you want removed while saving the cookies that you want to save. i use it.

another option is to use the "cookie autodelete" browser-extension, to save the cookies that you want saved while not saving any other cookies. i also use it.

there are other options for managing cookies but those are the two that i use, "ccleaner" and the "cookie autodelete" browser-extension, not to mention the firefox browser's own tools for managing cookies.

i set my browsers to block third-party cookies. on rare occasions, that can be a problem, but it can be worked around by having an exception for a particular third-party cookie, if-and-when needed.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

If you use the custom setting to clear history when Firefox closes, exceptions are evidently NOT recognised.
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

apparently you can have firefox set to remove cookies when firefox is closed, and to have exceptions, without using firefox's "clear history" to remove cookies.

what i was saying was that, if you are using firefox's "clear history" and you want some cookies to be saved, do not have "clear history" set to remove cookies. also, do not have "clear history" set to remove "site settings," which would remove your settings for "exceptions," for saving certain cookies.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox