Auto clear cache on exit

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bchan

Auto clear cache on exit

Post by bchan »

Hello, is there a setting to tell firefox to clear its cache automatically every time on exit? Thanks.
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Auto clear cache on exit

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

This should be close
Tools > Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies & Site data -- check the box Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

By cache, do you mean "Cached Web Content", the fragments of HTML, scripts/style sheets/images -- and PDFs viewed only in the built-in viewer and not saved to disk -- that Firefox retains to save on bandwidth when you revisit a page? For those you need to go to:

Settings > Privacy & Security > History

Set to "Firefox will: Use custom settings for History"

Check the box for "Clear history when Firefox closes" and then immediately click the Settings button to the right and un-check all categories of data you want to retain from one session to the next. In this case, un-check everything except "Cache".
bchan

Post by bchan »

jscher2000 wrote:By cache, do you mean "Cached Web Content", the fragments of HTML, scripts/style sheets/images -- and PDFs viewed only in the built-in viewer and not saved to disk -- that Firefox retains to save on bandwidth when you revisit a page? For those you need to go to:

Settings > Privacy & Security > History

Set to "Firefox will: Use custom settings for History"

Check the box for "Clear history when Firefox closes" and then immediately click the Settings button to the right and un-check all categories of data you want to retain from one session to the next. In this case, un-check everything except "Cache".
Jscher2000, that is exactly what I want. Thanks!