Using Mexican numbers to receive SMS

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Lily69

Using Mexican numbers to receive SMS

Post by Lily69 »

Hello all! My name is Lily and I am from Mexico and I love to use Mozilla Firefox as it has a retro feeling to it
Whenever I want to sign up to something on Firefox it automatically enters my phone number which I do not like as it can be a privacy concern [-X

That is why I will usually purchase a temporary Mexico, and I will use it heaps!

I ask that Mozilla please fix this issue and that they make it more private

More info here: https://sms-man.com/blog/mexico-phone-n ... ification/
tanstaafl

Re: Using Mexican numbers to receive SMS

Post by tanstaafl »

Moved from Thunderbird General to Firefox Support

There are several AutoFill settings in privacy & security that you can uncheck in "Logins & Passwords" and "Forms & AutoFill".
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

like tanstaafl said, you need to adjust firefox's setting to where it does not autofill forms.

you might have a browser-extension that is autofilling forms, or maybe some other program that is autofilling forms.

i don't see anything in firefox's settings about saving and autofilling phone numbers but maybe it has that capability. i always disable the saving of passwords and other data, and the autofilling of forms.

you can find more information about how to adjust firefox's settings by going to "mozilla support"/"firefox support" and doing a search there for "autofill":

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

Two things you can do.

Open Tools –> Preferences –> Privacy and Security,
and look for something like "Forms and automatic filling" (my menus are in French, so I do not have the exact title in English (or Spanish)).

Check whether you have registered addresses and bank cards, and delete if you want to. Or if you prefer, you might leave them there, but require the use of your Windows password each time you want to fill in the data automatically.

Just below that bloc, you have "History". Under that, there are a few checkboxes that might be useful.
  • To change how future information you enter will be saved or not, do the following:
    – Conservation rules : "Keep History" is selected by default. You might want to change for :
    – Use personalized parameters. Then a submenu will appear. Select or deselect what you want, and if there are many people using your computer, empty the history each time you leave.
  • To erase what you had written in the past, such as your phone number, do the following:
    – Click on the button "Erase History".
    – Select "All the time" and what you want to erase; in your case, it would be: "History of Forms and Searches". and maybe "Website data saved out of connection". Don't erase cookies unless you want to reconnect into all your websites and reconfigure all your website preferences!
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)