Printing a PDF come out very small

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jerpap

Printing a PDF come out very small

Post by jerpap »

I am using win7 with a Dell E310dw as my default printer. When i try to print a PDF double sided the pages come out 1/4 size. If i choose to use the "print" from the file menu it comes out the correct size.
I have tried this on other printers and it comes out the correct size.
jscher2000

Re: Printing a PDF come out very small

Post by jscher2000 »

This can be either a paper size or print resolution problem caused by data Firefox previously stored for your printer(s). Maybe you resolved it by now but, if not, try:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box on the page, type or paste paper_id and pause while the list is filtered

"1" indicates Letter. You can clear any other values using the trash can button at the right end of those rows. Firefox will re-read your system default and reset this the next time you use the printer.

(3) In the search box on the page, type or paste print_resolution and pause while the list is filtered

Rather than spend time comparing this value to your printer, just delete these or set them to zero so that Firefox doesn't second-guess how many physical dots need to be printed.

Any improvement?
jerpap

Post by jerpap »

Your are a genius. Even though the settings were the same as the printer, setting the resolution to 0 did the trick. Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy for two months.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Success! They are going to fix it in Firefox 102, basically by doing what you did yourself.