FF 101.0 Problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Lion7718

FF 101.0 Problem

Post by Lion7718 »

Since the update every time I close FF, about a min. later I get a crash report.
Every single time, doesn't matter what page I'm on.
DanRaisch

Re: FF 101.0 Problem

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

Yes, it's still a problem.
katoda

Post by katoda »

Then I would try to create a separate profile and see if the problem persists. Maybe something got corrupted and causes the problem?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Open 'Help->More Troubleshooting information'
Scroll down to 'Crash reports'
Copy and paste the latest couple of crash links back here.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

TheVisitor wrote:Open 'Help->More Troubleshooting information'
Scroll down to 'Crash reports'
Copy and paste the latest couple of crash links back here.
4 from today.
ImageImageImageImage
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried a new profile as a diagnostic tool, not necessarily as a proposed sollution.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

@Lion7718, thanks for images, but that does help, I need to see the whole report, just post the URL to the crash-report.
From what I can see in the images it appears to be the usual 'shut-down' crash which as I recall has been around for some time. As to why you crashing on every shutdown I don't know.
Not seen one here in awhile.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

@TheVisitor:
Sorry, I didn't see the tabs before. I cleared the others, so right now I only have one to show.
https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/report/ ... ab-details
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Lion7718 wrote:@TheVisitor:
Sorry, I didn't see the tabs before. I cleared the others, so right now I only have one to show.
https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/report/ ... ab-details
OK, thanks..
Looking at the report I see: MOZ_CRASH Reason (Sanitized)

Shutdown hanging at step profile-change-teardown. Something is blocking the main-thread.

At the bottom of first page is a link to 'show more threads'
Scrolling through that long list I find highlighted in 'RED' :
guard64.dll guard64.dll@0x0000000000016f59

I googled up what that .dll does and it appears its part of Comodo Internet Security. Seems maybe your Security software is blocking the shut-down writes that Firefox does on close.

I don't know if you can disable for a short test Comodo , most Security will not allow to shut down more than the UI (user interface)

You could perhaps restart your computer in 'safe mode /w Networking and see if you still get crashes. Starting in Windows safe mode w/networking will bypass your security software.

I'm sorry I can't tell you how to get the Windows safe-mode w/networking - you will have to google up instructions for your system I would guess.

P.S. there are no bugs on file for the crash signature. Might have to file a bug.

PSS: looking further at the crash-report - I see you have a large number is extensions/addons - Firefox safe-mode, troubleshooting mode might be a good place to start, if YOU don't crash in safe-mode then its an addon causing the problem.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

Here is another.
https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/report/ ... fb20220608

As posted above it does crash in FF safe mode.
I do use Comodo Firewall.
I don't know why that would cause a shut down problem. I will shut Comodo down & test to see what happens.
I will try Windows safe mode later tonight.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

A shutdownhang indicates that maintenance which should complete quickly was bogged down and a watchdog process needed to terminate Firefox because it didn't finish timely. This can be caused by setting Firefox to clear history when it closes. You could try pre-clearing what you want to clear before closing Firefox to give it a clean slate (Ctrl+Shfit+Delete).

If you are clearing cookies when Firefox closes, that feature has been getting a number of changes and you may need to file a new bug for that.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

jscher2000 wrote:A shutdownhang indicates that maintenance which should complete quickly was bogged down and a watchdog process needed to terminate Firefox because it didn't finish timely. This can be caused by setting Firefox to clear history when it closes. You could try pre-clearing what you want to clear before closing Firefox to give it a clean slate (Ctrl+Shfit+Delete).

If you are clearing cookies when Firefox closes, that feature has been getting a number of changes and you may need to file a new bug for that.

Yes, that has always been on. I'll try your suggestion.

EDIT: No, that didn't work either.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

FF 101.0.1 released today..still have issue.