Last Bookmark in Bookmark Menu Not Showing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ottoman68

Last Bookmark in Bookmark Menu Not Showing

Post by ottoman68 »

Ok, so this isn't a huge problem, I just noticed it, but it's different so I thought I'd mention it.

I have my windows 10 display settings set on 1920 x 1080 resolution, but with a Windows Display 150% zoom scale effect (I have a laptop and anything smaller is not good).

I have my Firefox (verson 101.0.1) saving bookmarks in the bookmark menu folder at the bottom of the list.

I just noticed the last bookmark is not showing. However, if I reduce the Windows display scale zoom level to 125% or 100%, the last bookmark shows. I swear this was working just fine yesterday (or day before) on the 150% zoom scale.

The image below is what the bookmark drop-down menu shows. It appears Home depot is the last bookmark, but you can just barely see the very top of the actual last bookmark website icon. I can even click on it (with some difficulty). I'm sure people will say, "remove the 150% zoom, that's crazy, just make all the icons, folders, text, borders etc etc larger). screw that lol. It was working fine the other day :)

I have a few other folders (other than the bookmarks menu). In those other folders, I have enough bookmarks to where I have to scroll through them to reach the bottom, but those folders show the last bookmark. They even have a "Open all in Tabs" option at the bottom. So it seems specific to the bookmarks menu.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE TOO MANY BOOKMARKS IN THE BOOKMARKS MENU FOLDER? Seems weird. I deleted several bookmarks, but it kept hiding the last bookmark.

Last edited by ottoman68 on June 11th, 2022, 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
ottoman68

Re: Last Bookmark in Bookmark Menu Not Showing

Post by ottoman68 »

Oh, I do have some Userchrome.css 'tweeks', and some of which adjust the bookmark spacing (shown below) but again, I think this was working fine before.

/* Bookmark and context menu spacing */
menupopup > menuitem, menupopup > menu {padding-block: 1px !important;
}

/* Options menu spacing */
:root {--arrowpanel-menuitem-padding: 0px 0px !important;
}
ottoman68

Re: Last Bookmark in Bookmark Menu Not Showing

Post by ottoman68 »

Well, the problem magically fixed itself. weird. Maybe it was a Windows issue. Just playing with the Windows Display zoom % settings, and in the process, seems to have fixed the issue of not showing the last bookmark at 150% zoom.