How to delete Unwanted Emails from Gmail?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
antoniowright999

How to delete Unwanted Emails from Gmail?

Post by antoniowright999 »

Hello everyone,
I have too much unwanted Emails in Gmail account So, I have decided to delete one by one after doing it I realize that it takes more time. If anyone knows about any tools to delete emails in a single click then Let me know ASAP.
therube

Re: How to delete Unwanted Emails from Gmail?

Post by therube »

Hmm.

No "select all" (then, Delete) kind of thing in there.

I'd figure that an email client would have that ability.
(Make sure you set the client to "Leave Messages on Server", lest they be gone from the web [browser] end of things).

(I use the non-JavaScript version of Gmail [webmail], so maybe with JS things are different ?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
morat

Post by morat »

Gmail Select All (execute code using web console)

Code: Select all

document.querySelectorAll('input[name="t"]').forEach(function (t) { t.checked = true; });
More info
http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/29282

Firefox Web Console
http://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/ ... index.html

Bookmarklet:

Code: Select all

javascript:(function () {
  document.querySelectorAll('input[name="t"]').forEach(function (t) {
    t.checked = true;
  });
})();
Bookmarklet Builder
http://subsimple.com/bookmarklets/jsbuilder.htm
Last edited by morat on June 15th, 2022, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

Assuming you are speaking of the web page gmail.com that you visit via Firefox or any other browser...
  • If you want to delete an entire page of emails, then click on the small square in the header at the top (left) of the list of messages. All messages will be selected. Then click on the garbage can icon; you'll delete 50 or 100 messages at a time, depending on how many messages are displayed on a page.
  • If you want to display a few messages, say, messages 2 to 30 and messages 35 and 36, you can:
    – Click in the little square to the left of message 2
    – Shift-click in the little square to the left of message 30 (shift-click extends the selection)
    – Control-click on message 35 (control-click adds individual non-consecutive elements to the selection)
    – Control-click on message 36
    – Click on the garbage can. Messages will be deleted.

After that, all said messages will be in the garbage can and will be permanently erased after 30 days. So that gives you a chance to correct your errors. If you want to clear them immediately, go to the trash and empty it.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
Tin Smith

Post by Tin Smith »

Assuming you are speaking of the web page gmail.com that you visit via Firefox or any other browser...

The instructions seem to be out of date. I do not have "the small square in the header" but I do remember it being there in the past.
morat

Post by morat »

There are two views.

* Standard View
* Basic HTML View

I don't think the small square is available in the latter.
Tin Smith

Post by Tin Smith »

morat wrote:There are two views.

* Standard View
* Basic HTML View

I don't think the small square is available in the latter.
Thanks. I do not recall setting that 'feature' but I do remember the Standard View and 'the little box' . Oddly enough by starting Firefox in Troubleshooting Mode I get the Standard View when I log into Gmail along with 'the little box'. Odd.

I have not found any search information for switching that works to switch the view. Perhaps I should try that in Troubleshooting Mode also.

Thanks again.
James

Post by James »

The OP was a spammer so no need to keep responding to the OP. Removed the website that was in user profile.