Address bar dropdown suggestions BG now transparent! (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
earther

Re: Address bar dropdown suggestions BG now transparent! (Li

Post by earther »

Thanks for the suggestion! I do a lot of poking around but had never been there before. :) Look what I found in there!

/usr/lib/firebird/2.5/

I'm about ready to do a "refresh" and then add the missing parts. Also going to revert and delete some obsolete about.config stuff. Not in that order. This is a really old and crufty profile so not surprising that it has some warts.
earther

Post by earther »

VICTORY! I first cleaned out about:config but that made no difference so I renamed the chrome directory, logged out and in and the background on the URL bar dropdown was working. So I did some house cleaning there too and now the background displays as expected.

Now . . . why isn't palemoon saving my passwords and webmail is broken on chromium. I need a break. I'm getting to old for this level of aggravation . . . :D

Thanks for the tips Grumpus . . . nice to be back here and remember a saner more innocent time . . .
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Great, now if we can figure out how to dump the cloud. :lol:
Just a mention, in some distros there's another Firefox folder which is completely empty Firefox-Addons contains another folder Searchplugins, also empty.
Haven't had the nerve to make it disappear as it may be part of new installs.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
earther

Post by earther »

Grumpus wrote:Great, now if we can figure out how to dump the cloud. :lol:
Just a mention, in some distros there's another Firefox folder which is completely empty Firefox-Addons contains another folder Searchplugins, also empty.
Haven't had the nerve to make it disappear as it may be part of new installs.
Yeah , I have empty folders on my installs also. I figured they are there for a reason which I might need someday so just leave them.

Till next time, Grumpus . . .
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Later
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you