open zoom meeting link with zoom

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zivshosh

open zoom meeting link with zoom

Post by zivshosh »

Greetings
How do I change firefox so that a zoom meeting link will be opened by zoom and not browser?
do I change in config browser.zoom.x to false?
thank you
therube

Re: open zoom meeting link with zoom

Post by therube »

Might you have something defined in, about:preferences -> Applications, related to that?
Or a wrong setup/association (in the Windows Registry)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

The about:config preferences you are talking about refer to zooming abilities in Firefox and have no relation to the Zoom program.

On the Windows platform, to make sure that meetings are opened by the Zoom Meeting application rather than the browser, first make sure that Zoom is installed on your computer and properly working (that seems obvious...).

Then in Firefox, open about:preferences –> Applications (as said by TheRube). At the end of the list, make sure that "zoommtg" is set to "Use Zoom Meetings" is selected.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
zivshosh

Post by zivshosh »

indeed in preferences --> applications zoomtg is set to open zoom meeting
and yet clicking zoom meeting link demands code and passwords and it didn't ask for them before
firefox version: 103.0
zoom version: 15.1.3
thank you
ps. when I tried zoom meeting link from another browser I was asked to choose web or zoom